Director, Business Development- MasTec Canada
MasTec Canada (MasTec) is a publicly traded company with expertise in industrial services, oil & gas services, heavy civil and concrete, pipeline construction and renewables. MasTec peak construction periods have seen upwards of 1500 boots on the ground. In all activities, MasTec is committed to ensuring the safety of employees, contractors, stakeholders and the public is never compromised.
MasTec is presently embarking on a journey that involves engaging clients and partners at a level that allows for all parties to learn from one another, aligning with company values and responsibly delivering best-in-class infrastructure projects. Representing the MasTec Canada Core values the team’s contributions and actions are those of a trusted corporate citizen.
Through acquiring trusted and established entities, MasTec has consolidated the strongest technology and experienced professionals into one team. This has allowed for clients to access a single unified project management provider who understands complex needs, has a history of being a part of the communities in which they operate and who are involved in the construction process from start to finish.
As a group, MasTec Canada is committed to a culture of continuous improvement and industry-leading quality, while at the same time maintaining a foundation for long-term sustainable partnerships with every client.
For further information about MasTec, please visit their website at https://www.masteccanada.com
Job Title:Director, Business Development
Reports to:Vice President, Business Strategy
Direct Reports:2-3 – Manager, Business Development
Reporting to the Vice President, Business Strategy the Director, Business Development is responsible for the strategic development of new business, expanding their service offering with existing clients and developing our sales team. The Director, Business Development is responsible for driving revenue growth, identifying and securing market opportunities within all lines of business and brings with them a commitment to establishing relationships with existing and potential clients.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
Business Development Strategy
- Develop, lead, and execute on MasTec’s business development strategy
- Responsible for driving revenue growth across all service lines through sales team activities as well as supporting operational leaders in cultivating local relationships
- Establish a network of owners, developers, engineers and other decision makers in target markets
- Observe applicable current events, business trends and activity of competitors in order to gain information to make good business decisions and improve strategy
- Develop a consistent approach to customer relationship management across the business
- Track progress to ensure performance success
- Support executive and operational leadership in the development of key accounts and marketing activities for all sectors
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team on strategic projects that drive growth
- Represent MasTec at relevant industry functions, partnering with staff to prepare and present as required
- Participate in major contract negotiations for key accounts
- Conduct reviews and supports the development of major bids and proposals to ensure success through opportunity, risk, and financial analysis
- Work with VP, Business Strategy to establish company budget/sales goals
- Collaborate with the marketing team to establish goals to ensure profitability of products and/or services
- Collaborate to develop surveys and other marketing tools
- Provide business development and marketing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to the organization and direct reports
- Be recognized within the organization as a key business leader responsible for providing innovative solutions and presenting business opportunities to increase revenue
- Lead a team that understands the strategy of the business and demonstrates MasTec’s values
- Formulate and review strategies for bidding and pricing to improve profitability and protect market position
- Work with operations to develop T&Cs, bid margins and pricing strategies
- Develop an annual business plan providing thought leadership and market expertise
- Establish, monitor and control departmental expense budget
- Ensure proper representation at all key industry events
- MasTec is an Infrastructure Construction company with Project Management expertise demonstrated through active management of the construction process from start to project completion and turnover
- MasTec’s reach extends across western Canada, they are a proud neighbor, deeply connected to the communities they serve. Their community support extends youth, education, seniors, first responders, veterans, poverty, mental health and the environment
- Strong and supportive management team that leads a highly engaged organization that lives MasTec’s core values, team, respect, duty, integrity and protect
- Make an impact and lead the implementation of an organization wide strategy to improve companywide business development activities and industry insights
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Increase the size and scope of the opportunity funnel and increase market visibility for MasTec and their service offerings
- Create a high-performing sales culture
- Grow market share and margins in established stronghold markets and further develop a strategy for growth in new markets and with new clients
- Build and enhance business development process systems across all lines of business to increase revenue
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Construction Management or another business-related field is considered an asset
- Five years in a leadership role and ten years in a direct marketing/sale of construction-related services preferred
Competencies and Attributes
- Demonstrated success driving revenue growth with high volume sales activities and robust relationship building skills
- Possess strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Expertise in developing and leading teams
- Excellent computer skills including experience with a CRM. Sales Force experience would be an asset
- Read, analyze and interpret common scientific technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
- Effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or board of directors
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AYAC-037770 Director, Business Development- MasTec Canada - AB - Calgary (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.