Dealer Partner / General Manager – South 20 Dodge – FFUN Motor Group
Our client, FFUN Group (“FFUN”), is an automotive and recreational retailer with over 25 locations across the country and is listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
FFUN is a solely owned, family run business. CEO, Mark Loeppky, grew up on his father’s used car lot and since taking over his own Hyundai location in Saskatoon back in 1998, the group has grown exponentially and FFUN was incorporated in 2003!
The original vision of the company was to sell the coolest product on earth by the coolest people; to bring FFUN to life. That vision has been taking shape over the past 17 years and now operates 5 separate divisions, including the Motor Group, which offers customers the widest range of motor product on the market. New cars, used cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles, off-road, RVs, and boats; FFUN has them all. Coupled with their in-house financing and lending arm, our client makes it fast and fun for a customer to get the loan they need.
FFUN does things a bit differently; there’s no corporate nonsense. Instead, they work in dozens of self-sufficient, business units. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up, that learn from each other. You ‘are your own boss’, but you are surrounded by strong, successful, knowledgeable colleagues who are there to support you!
FFUN believes in the processes they have developed, which provide a path to success if the team sticks to these daily routines. Diligence in this area, plus a dedication to making business decisions that align with our core values is what has helped us to grow one of the largest automotive players in Canada.
FFUN Core Values
- DRIVEN TO GROW – “We are the reason for our success.” We are great people who are excited about continuous growth and improvement through education and learning from our experiences.
- TEAM PLAYER – “We achieve more when working as a team.” Everyone, regardless of experience or position, is expected to contribute to the team in a positive manner. We value people who focus on being part of the solution (Above the Line) rather than assign blame.
- FFUN ATTITUDE – “Having FFUN while striving for excellence is the key to our success.” FFUN is an attitude of living and doing business. We find the FFUN and enjoyment in what we do and recognize the effect our attitude has on the people around us.
- DOWN TO EARTH – “At our core, we are hard-working and humble individuals.” We focus on serving others and creating an environment of mutual respect.
Build something amazing! As Dealer Partner / General Manager of South 20, your championship team is waiting! For information about the FFUN Group’s structure, please visit www.ffun.com, or to see what makes up FFUN Motor Group, visit www.ffunmotors.com.
South 20 Dodge
In 2015, FFUN acquired South 20 Dodge, a 15,000 square foot facility with a 3,000 square foot mezzanine in the heart of Saskatchewan. Proudly serving the Humboldt community and surrounding area, South 20 Dodge offers full sales, service, and parts for all Dodge, Jeep, and Chrysler vehicles.
We actively give back to the Humboldt area with staff involvement on local Boards and Associations, but also corporately through partnerships supporting local organizations such as the Humboldt Broncos. It’s our customer service that sets us apart and creates long lasting bonds in this community and beyond.
“What’s your 20?” is the tagline this dealership has been using for the past number of years. A CB radio code that refers to “Where are you?” This has lent itself to their business model of delivering vehicles anywhere in Saskatchewan and beyond. Phone calls, video chat and ultimately approvals and deliveries, all organized without ever seeing the vehicle in person. Of course, people love to drive in Saskatchewan and with ‘priced-right’ inventory, our small-town charm, and our willingness to go above and beyond for a sale makes us a worthy destination.
For more information about South 20 Dodge, please visit their website: www.south20dodge.com.
South 20 RV is a sister dealership in Humboldt that offers 8,000 square feet of new and used sales, parts, and service for major trailer brands like Bighorn, Gulfstream, Sundance, Gateway, and Wilderness.
Making the decision to buy an RV, is a big one. Humboldt is a town built on agricultural roots so our approach in this market is two-fold, community and customer service.
For more information about South 20 RV, please visit their website: www.south20rv.com.
|Job Title:||Dealer Partner / General Manager|
|Reports to:||Vice President|
The Dealer Partner / General Manager role is one of leadership and commitment to the process. Overseeing all variable and fixed operations, this role drives the performance of the store by attracting, developing and retaining the very best talent and creating an exceptional buying and ownership experience for our customers. This position interacts daily with customers, sales, service and parts teams, regional and market leadership, manufacturer representatives and vendors. This high-level involvement enables you to align your vision and goals with the FFUN core values, to truly exceed market performance. Performance metrics and operating guidelines will define your boundaries, but your rock star status is determined by identifying the shortfalls and developing sustainable, corrective actions for enduring success. It’s all about having a little FFUN. Afterall, you’re interacting with some of the best people and some of the best brands in Canada. That should keep your motor running.
At South 20 Dodge, and with FFUN Motor Group, you can grow your career and personal life into something to be proud of in the family-friendly community of Humboldt. One where you’ll be telling your friends you’ve returned to a quality of life focused on relationships with your close neighbors and enjoying the outdoors year-round. A whole new world of fun and adventure is within your reach.
Lifechanging roles don’t come around all that often. You’ve built your career by the numbers, walking the walk. Let them speak for themselves with us and you’ll finally get what you deserve – a fast track to owning a dealership with our Dealer Partner Program. It’s what you want; what you’ve earned. This is a dealership group that is driven to grow with you. So, slam the gas on this opportunity and join us for the wildest, most fulfilling, and FFUN ride of your life.
Operational and Business Performance
Lead full dealership operations including daily review of facilities, one on one meetings with team, and customer engagement initiatives;
- Execute upon and be held account to corporate performance metrics including targeted unit sales and profit, expense management, employee retention, and Customer Satisfaction Index scores (“CSI”);
- Monitoring of vAuto and website to ensure accurate pricing to market rates as well as review of Cash in Transit (“CIT”), new, and used inventory aging;
- Participate as a leadership team member, representing the interests of the entire dealership and the FFUN Group;
- Determine organizational design and recruit for all dealership positions in collaboration with the CEO and supported by Human Resources;
- Ensure that every department operates harmoniously and profitably;
- Plan the business unit’s operations and budget annually and assist in the establishment of targets for all departments;
- Ensure adherence to corporately adopted systems and processes through training, testing and accountability mechanisms;
- Assist in the establishment of inventory targets such as quantity, quality and mix;
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure rapid turnover and liquidation of aged units;
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with the factory and lending institutions;
- Coordinate factory and dealership sales programs / campaigns and promotions;
- Secure a reasonable profit from every sale;
- Handle customer issues as necessary;
- Cultivate harmonious relationship with factory representatives;
- Formulate policies and establish procedures for all training programs and monitor their effectiveness;
- Oversee all dealership personnel functions, to include recruitment, orientation and training, performance management, key measures and accountabilities, etc.;
- Review and recommend the compensation plans for all employees;
- Develop the leadership team and measure and evaluate their performance;
- Communicate management’s vision, mission, policies and procedures and ensure understanding and cooperation;
- Work in harmony with FFUN Group’s centralized support services which include Accounting, Payroll, Human Resources, IT, Business Development, and Marketing; and
- Other duties as assigned (temporary or continuous).
Leadership and Communication
- Spearhead sales initiatives that align to the dealership’s annual growth targets;
- Leadership, mentorship development of sales, service, and parts team members;
- Frequent and open communication with FFUN’s management team regarding the financial performance of the dealership;
- Encourage and facilitate regular two-way communication and relationship development with internal team, customers, and manufacturers;
- Ensure the company is effective in its communication with customers and commitments to customers are upheld in an efficient manner;
- Strategic leadership of the dealership in support of the corporate goals; and
- Effectively balancing strategic and hands-on leadership accountabilities.
Opportunities and Challenges
- The Dealer Partner / GM will play a substantial role in assisting FFUN Motor Group in the development and implementation of a strategic plan that aims to double the sales for the business in the next 5 years; and
- The ability to professionally develop both laterally and upward within FFUN Motor Group as the business continues to grow across the country.
- FFUN Motor Group is a business that encourages healthy competition, internally and between the dealerships;
- The Dealer Partner / GM will join a team of likeminded peers who are focused on driving overall business growth and sustaining high performing dealerships; and
- Operate South 20 Dodge as an entrepreneurial endeavor with customer specific solutions being encouraged while remaining within the corporate structure set by FFUN.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Meets or exceeds a mutually agreed upon budget with clean inventory management and no frozen capital;
- Drive high CSI scores for the dealership;
- Establish and implement strategies related to effective onboarding, retention, and employee professional development;
- Create a cohesive relationship with the internal teams that operates the Humboldt locations for FFUN Motor Group and create a culture of followership;
- Establish trusting and engaged relationships with other GMs across the business and participate in yearly GM team building trips; and
- Act as a positive brand ambassador for FFUN Motor Group and the Humboldt community in the industry and with manufacturers.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education will be considered an asset but is not required; and
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- 5+ years’ experience in a high performing management position within the automotive industry required; and
- Knowledge of products, services, and sales strategies specific to automotive or recreational vehicles.
Competencies and Attributes
- Fun, growth focused leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude;
- Driven and self-aware professional who builds and upholds a culture that emphasizes teamwork;
- Demonstrated excellence with recruitment, onboarding, coaching, and development of team members at all levels;
- Proven financial and business acumen with a passion for creating efficiencies within a business;
- Performance focused leader with clear communication and expectations set through realistic KPIs;
- Confident and engaged presence in monthly management meetings with Vice President and President;
- Excellent relationship building skills, both internally and externally;
- Strong organizational skills and an exceptionally high attention to detail; and
- Effective decision-maker, with well-rounded problem-solving ability.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate including:
Industry Leading Pay Plans– It’s a great feeling when your pay matches what you know you’re worth. We’ll take good care of you. But grow your store and you’ll be rewarded handsomely on a very aggressive bonus structure.
- Vacation – Enjoy three weeks your first year to regroup and refresh as needed.
- Training & Development– How do you want to grow? With our FFUN University you have access to world class teachers and industry training materials, 24/7.
- Health & Dental– You’re going to have a smile on your face every day, so we better make sure to keep it pretty.
- Giving Back – From Hospital Foundations to local sports teams, we want everyone to have a little more FFUN in their lives.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AOPV-623071 Dealer Partner / General Manager – South 20 Dodge – FFUN Motor Group - SK - Humboldt (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.