Credit Manager – Kal Tire
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and tire services provider and a global leader in mining tire services. With over 250 stores, four warehouses and 10 retread plants in Canada, and servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents, Kal Tire is a truly global company. Kal Tire’s more than 6,500 team members intently focus on providing customers with trustworthy advice, great products and excellent service.
Kal Tire’s headquarters (Vernon Office) is located in Vernon, BC, at the edge of Lake Kalamalka and surrounded by lakes, forested trails and mountain ranges. Vernon is the commercial hub of the North Okanagan and a thriving and active community. The area provides the opportunity to live and work in a vibrant community that offers wold class ski resorts, championship golf courses, mountain biking trails, popular recreational lakes and the vineyards of the Okanagan Valley. Kal Tire is the ideal place to have a career, while enjoying a truly balanced lifestyle.
Job Title: Credit Manager
Reports to: Director of Treasury
Direct Reports: 2
Indirect Reports: 15-20
Location: Vernon, British Columbia
The Manager, Credit is responsible for managing the entire credit and collection functions in a multi-subsidiary operating structure with a diverse customer base. This includes designing and implementing strategies to improve payment term offering policies, driving cash flow and reducing past due receivables as well as developing guidelines regarding the extension of credit lines to new customers, ongoing review and assessment of existing customers.
Using a strong business acumen and relationship building expertise, the Manager, Credit will lead the Credit and Collection teams, consult with current and future clients, and foster partnerships within Kal Tire and externally at senior executive levels. They will support the Credit and Collection teams with the goal of balancing revenue generation and risk mitigation to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes.
Credit and Collection Policy and Process Development
- Determine Kal Tire’s tolerance for credit risk and establish policies governing the extension of credit and mitigating risk of default by using financial data, credit services, economic conditions and industry knowledge
- Design, direct and manage the development and implementation of policies, procedures, activities, and standards for Kal Tire’s credit and collection functions, ensuring compliance with all relevant statutes and regulations
- Create and maintain policies regarding credit limitations and guidelines for credit approval; investigation of customers, extension of credit lines, and collections; and processes to improve cash flow and reduce receivables
- Identify and implement organizational, process, and systemic enhancements to improve the effectiveness of the credit department
- Monitor external environment for changing prospects and trends of key industries to ensure that emerging risks in the portfolio are identified and marketing efforts are directed to industries with acceptable risk profiles
Credit Analysis and Collection Process Management
- Credit adjudication for large commercial accounts and potential associate dealers including determining repayment plans or schedules
- Analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions and resolutions required
- Provide oversight and guidance to ensure customer accounts are created with proper business reasons and documentation
- Strive towards collection of overdue or delinquent accounts; follow up on dispute resolution process with customers, credit, sales and operations
- Ensure procedural and training documentation for all credit and collections processes is developed and maintained
- Monitor credit activities to verify credit policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and applicable legislation
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements through audits and quality checks, to ensure decisions are adequately documented, and clearly communicated
- Establish metrics to measure credit collection success, conduct analysis and create reports
- Develop, implement, and monitor department productivity standards
- Provide oversight and direction with the management and maintenance of Kal Tire Credit and Collection enabling technologies
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of the credit department.
- Manage credit and collections team supervisors. Responsible for setting the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of credit and collections areas. Continually strengthen the performance of the team.
- Provide quality leadership, training, coaching and mentoring of a team of credit and collections team members to achieve high levels of customer service while maintaining the organization’s excellent bad debt and collection performance.
- Develop annual team plans to continually evolve and streamline the credit and collections function.
- Forecast and assess workforce requirements; support Supervisors with recruitment and onboarding activities.
- Provide training and leadership to the Credit Department in areas of technical/analytical, negotiating/interpersonal and legal/business law to ensure success.
ATTRACTIONS & OPPORTUNITIES
- The ability to elevate the credit function through taking a proactive and thoughtful approach in working with the credit team and other areas of the organization
- The opportunity to play an integral role in conjunction with the rest of the accounting and finance team to identify and implement efficiencies and design and implement systems and processes to enhance the credit function
- Join an organization with a deep-rooted commitment to providing exceptional customer service, while also contributing to an interactive and upbeat team environment
- Participate as a key member in an organization with a strong track record of success including financial stability, secure employment opportunities and continued growth expectations globally
- Opportunity to work for a billion-dollar International organization and enjoy a high quality of life
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Gain the trust and confidence of the credit team through clear, strong communication while providing an environment that fosters collaboration and open-minded thinking
- Provide effective leadership and counsel to the credit team
- Build strong and effective relationships with the Regional Board of Directors of the business to enable open lines of communication and effective credit operations
- Provide recommendations with respect to best practices and propose value add procedures in formalizing credit documentation
- Assist with the successful implementation of credit and collections software
- Celebrate team successes and recognize individual high performers
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and / or Accounting required
- FCI designation would be seen as an asset
- CCP designation or equivalent would be seen as an asset
- 8-10 years’ commercial credit and collections experience at a senior level
- 3-5 years’ team management experience
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Good training, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners and customers
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management and budgeting techniques
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team
- Ability to examine and re-engineer customer service operations, form new policies and develop and implement new strategies
- Exceptional conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Superior time management skills
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A016160 (AKGC-244670) Credit Manager – Kal Tire - BC - Vernon (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.