Corporate Safety & Quality Assurance Officer – IRISNDT
As one of the largest independent non-destructive testing (“NDT”) companies in North America, IRISNDT is a world leader in NDT providing services throughout the US, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia.
Since 1953, IRISNDT has served the oil & gas, petroleum, petrochemical, power generation and pipeline industries and now employs over 1500 employees worldwide. Over the last 60 years, IRISNDT has expanded their business from basic NDT services to include:
- Inspection Services (NDE and Radiography Services)
- Speciality Services (Advanced NDE Technologies)
- Engineering Services (including materials laboratory services)
- Rope Access Services
- Heat Treating
- IRISNDT Systems (Software & IT Services)
The growth IRISNDT has experience is due to their experienced management team, strong technical skills and commitment to excellence in customer service. IRISNDT’s commitment to customer service is supported by their:
- Dedication to understanding their customers’ needs;
- Functional quality assurance and safety programs;
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology;
- Commitment to continuous education and employee training;
- Customer training;
- On-staff full time safety auditors; and
- Membership to ISNetworld, PICS Auditing, ComlyWorks and CanQual.
For more information, please visit https://www.irisndt.com/ca/.
|Job Title:||Corporate Safety & Quality Assurance Officer|
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Safety Manager, Canada|
Safety Manager, USA
Safety Manager, UK
General Manager, Australia
|Quality Manager, Canada|
Quality Manager, USA
Quality Manager, UK
|Indirect Reports:||60+ indirect reports|
Based in Edmonton and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Corporate Safety & Quality Assurance Officer (“CSQAO”) will lead, manage and continually improve safety and quality at IRISNDT worldwide. The CSQAO will work closely with the Board and leadership in each country to create a clear vision for safety and quality to ensure that required resources are in place to meet established safety and quality targets.
The CSQAO will work to ensure IRISNDT has the best possible HS&E and quality documentation, procedures and management system to meet client and regulatory requirements. This includes advising and amending existing policy and procedure documentation, auditing programs (ie. ISO-9001 Quality Standard Program) and internal tools, governing on-site HS&E and quality, conducting safety awareness and quality training and environmental compliance activities.
Working closely with the Safety Managers and Quality Managers in each country, along with management and corporate, the CSQAO will inspire active participation in the safety and quality culture at every level in the organization. The successful candidate will bring a collaborative approach and cohesive mentality to the HS&E and quality programs and will become the subject matter expert as it relates to IRISNDT’s corporate safety and quality programs.
Health Safety & Environment and Quality Leadership:
- Drive the continued integration of the IRISNDT Safety and Quality Program as a core value within company culture;
- Provide clear and thoughtful insight to continuously improve HS&E and quality structures across international operations;
- Provide oversight to all general safety and quality on-sites, with control for all safety/quality documentation;
- Monitor and understand all developments in global legislation/regulations related to industry trends and evaluate the impact on operations, making recommendations for improvements where appropriate;
- Coordinate and control audits of the HS&E and quality policies (ie. ISO-9001 Quality Standard Program) and procedures to ensure IRISNDT exceeds standards and regulatory requirements in all operating jurisdictions;
- Ensure completion of all documentation with respect to incident investigation and claims management;
- Ensure development of a proactive risk management strategy for all sites; and
- Provide relevant analysis of all policies, procedures and incident reporting recommending appropriate follow-up and proactive action planning.
- Build strong and effective relationships across the organization to inspire a culture of safety and quality to drive the continued integration of the IRISNDT Safety Program as a core value within company culture;
- Increase alignment and participation in safety and quality culture, acting as a change agent as appropriate;
- Lead and act as primary resource to Safety and Quality Managers and operational leadership in each country;
- Provide leadership, HS&E and quality expertise to all members of IRISNDT’s safety and quality teams regarding the design, implementation, and administration of all related initiatives; and
- Build a high performing team of HS&E and quality professionals to support and deliver the ongoing improvement of the HSE&E and quality programs.
- Develop and participate in the ongoing training of leadership and team members in the cultural safety awareness and quality programs;
- Meet with staff and clients to review all HS&E and quality policies and regulations;
- Ensure safety and quality leadership in each country has the skills and resources to effectively implement training needs;
- Work with Training Subject Matter Experts to ensure training programs are active and forward thinking;
- Identify and assist in the continued development and improvement of corporate and project specific HS&E or quality systems including policies, procedures, process maps and documentation; and
- Analyze safety/quality data and develop workable KPI’s to ensure clarity in the safety/quality perspective and demonstrate understanding of what the data is stating providing leadership to adjust as needed.
- Communicate and build exceptional relationships with all team members, executives, and clients to foster a collaborative approach to HS&E and quality policy, procedure development and implementation;
- Proactively educate all team members on changing safety/quality regulations and expectations within the corporate office and in the field; and
- Skillfully negotiate all amendments through diplomatic and tactful communication to all team members and relevant client parties.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build strong, open relationships with Chief Executive Officer, Safety Managers, Quality Managers, Leadership and Corporate Teams across all operating sites;
- Become familiar with country specific safety and quality policies to identify individual strengths and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Successfully transition safety and quality programs from incumbent without any impact to global operations;
- Review and audit current safety culture to identify behaviours and develop a comprehensive plan to drive to best in class safety culture across all operations; and
- Continue to lead the execution of IRISNDT Quality Assurance and Safety training programs and keep apprised of industry trends and innovative training programs that may benefit IRISNDT in each of its regions.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Relevant education in post-secondary education in safety and/or quality (ie. Degree/Diploma in Health, Safety & Environment).
- Minimum 3+ years’ management experience in a senior health or safety position;
- 5+ years’ experience in the petrochemical, service or related industry;
- Must have previous international health, safety & environment experience;
- Track record of success developing, maintaining and auditing safety/quality programs;
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory issues and expectations at an international level; and
- Specific experience in non-destructive-testing considered an asset.
- Analytical: Approaches issues in a systematic manner, leveraging insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies.
- Change Management: Ability to gain buy in from all stakeholder groups to lead change. Effectively manages and implements policy or procedural change. Ability to lead the team through change with limited impact on service delivery.
- Collaborative Relationship Building: Fosters an environment of collaboration. Builds strong relationships and facilitates trust with all levels of management, employees and outside organizations through honesty, integrity and authenticity. Develops and delivers communications that provide clear understanding of the unique requirements of varying audiences.
- Communication: Demonstrates interpersonal communication and presentation skills to develop relationships with management and clients. Communicates information with consistency and clarity. Uses active listening techniques to effectively understand provided feedback.
- Critical Thinking: Makes strong decisions using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer Focus: Continuously pays attention to customer needs adapting as they evolve. Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions to both internal and external clients.
- Develops Talent: Develops teams to meet both their career goals and IRISNDT’s goals. Fosters team engagement and collaboration and an environment that values safety culture, embraces changes and challenges the status quo.
- Flexible: Pays attention to the circumstance and adjusts accordingly. Demonstrates ability to be nimble and responsive to external factors impacting business success.
- Innovative: Drives the HS&E portfolio forward, keeping up to date with trends. Brings a creative approach to solving problems and out of box thinking.
- Leadership: Provides the coaching, support, encouragement and direction required to engage and empower employees in the accomplishment of personal, departmental, and organizational goals and objectives. Models positive leadership behaviors and maintains professionalism under pressure and uncertainty. Provides timely feedback and guidance to employees, ensuring their development and success is supported.
- Negotiation: Settles differences in a way which a compromise or agreement is reached while avoiding arguments or disputes, through persuasion, planning, strategizing and cooperating.
- Strategic Planning: Develops short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, creative, realistic and effective in meeting goals and objectives, and integrates planning efforts across functions.
- Visionary: Ability to set and articulate a vision. Readily gains buy in to vision from team, peers, shareholders and stakeholders.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AXIR-467864 Corporate Safety & Quality Assurance Officer – IRISNDT - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.