- Search Solutions
- Leadership, Assessment
- Career Transition
- About Gallagher (formally Optimum Talent)
- Start Your Transition
If your employer has provided you with Career Transition Support through Gallagher, click here to get started.
Canadian owned and operated, the Giampaolo Group Inc. is one of the largest fully integrated metal management organizations in North America, with extensive expertise in scrap metal recycling, aluminum manufacturing, electronic recycling and reuse, and steel distribution. Our vision is to be an entrepreneurial force that fuels sustainable excellence, nurtures a culture of company-wide collaboration and builds positive environmental impact. Our mission is to continue Giampaolo Group’s pursuit of excellence by being committed to and supportive of harvesting value, pursuing long-term sustainability and a positive societal impact, differentiating for competitive advantage, redefining success through optimal results and realizing the full potential of all assets.
For more information about the Giampaolo Group, including the Giampaolo Foundation, please refer to the website at https://gg-inc.ca.
Director, Risk Management, Insurance and Commodity Trading
1 Kenview Boulevard, Brampton, Ontario.
The Giampaolo Group are transforming the way they work and want you to be an integral part of it as a member of the Corporate Risk Management team. As the Corporate Insurance Specialist, you will build relationships with the divisions of the Giampaolo Group, which includes Triple M, Matalco, Venture Steel, and Quantum Lifecycle, and will provide a first-class approach to service, standards, and key reporting requirements for both internal and external stakeholders involving the execution of insurance and corporate risk management activities.
The successful candidate will support the development and continuous improvement of the Corporate Risk Management strategy by providing advice, support and reporting regarding the corporate risk and insurance program.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
· Manage and take ownership of the corporate-wide insurance policies as the resident in-house insurance expert
· Work with the business to develop and implement best practices, controls and recommendations for insurance risk management
· Develop and maintain a premium allocation model
· Oversight of the property insurance; co-ordinate site visits, track outcomes and analyze trends to identify areas of risk and optimization
· Provide strategic and active adjustment of insurance claims and oversight of loss settlements
· Monitor and manage the full claim funds process as well as identify areas for continuous improvement
· Build, manage and document relationships with the insurance brokers/insurers/adjusters and stakeholders
· Assist with the insurance renewal process and underwriting information requirements for the business units
The successful candidate will have the following:
· Post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration, risk management or a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience in the P&C insurance industry
· Proven Experience with Commercial Lines underwriting or broker experience with a strong emphasis on complex Corporate General Liability (CGL) and property exposures
· Ideally, a minimum of 2-5 years of experience with P&C and CGL insurance
Competencies and Attributes:
· Knowledge of commercial property/casualty policies such as CGL, D&O, Property, Boiler & Machinery, Crime, Automobile, Cyber and Cargo
· Strong business acumen
· Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
· Ability to roll up sleeves and seeks to get things done
· Enjoys relationship building to effectively collaborate across departments and levels
· Be proactive and energetic in the work situation and able to multi-task
· Be able to effectively challenge the status quo to achieve a culture dedicated to continuous improvement and best practices
· Able to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people of all levels of an organization
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Excellent attention to detail, communication, interpersonal, organization and time management skills
· Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Teams)
· Exceptional problem-solving skills, a creative thinker, adaptable and comfortable with changing environments
· Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities
· Creativity, adaptive to change, proactivity, flexibility and future-focused
· The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Commitment to ongoing professional development and education