Corporate Controller – Mayfield Management Group
Mayfield Management Group has developed a unique concept of property management in Alberta. They are a fully licensed, registered, and bonded Real Estate Brokerage firm specializing in Property, Condominium, and Asset Management.
With more than 30 years in the industry and over 3 billion in assets managed, they provide their clients with a greater understanding of the property management industry. The senior management team, along with their strong core values take a hands-on approach and spend the time to truly understand the long-term objectives for their clients’ properties and help them achieve their goals.
Their Passion Statement
To be the undisputed number one service provider in the property management industry by continuously exceeding all their customers’ expectations.
To be a world leader in property management by
- Giving back to the communities they serve
- Enhancing the lives of their employees
Their Brand/Core Values
Everything they do is guided by their values: Do What’s Right with Integrity, Deliver Results, Get Things Done, Continuously Improve, Thought Leadership, and Energized Passion.
For further information on Mayfield Management Group Ltd., please visit their website at: www.mmgltd.com
|Job Title:||Corporate Controller|
|Reports to:||President and Chief Executive Officer|
|Direct Reports:||11: Controller, Jr. Accountant, AP Supervisor, 3 AR Coordinators, Corporate Analyst, Financial Analyst, and Property Analyst, Accounting Coordinator and Finance Administrator|
As Mayfield Management Group continues to grow its property management portfolio, they are seeking an exceptionally strong Corporate Controller to join their team. The Corporate Controller will support the seamless operations of their accounting and finance operations, provide outstanding leadership to their accounting team and build exceptionally collaborative relationships across the organization.
This position is responsible for the overall functions of the Accounting and Finance department. Reporting to the President & CEO, this role supports the Company’s growth by demonstrating best practices in the areas of financial reporting, controls, and processes. The successful candidate will help Senior Management in developing the strategic direction of the Company through industry-leading financial practices.
The Corporate Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Mayfield Management Group including accounts payable, budgeting, forecasting, accounts receivable, bank account reconciliation, cash management, variance analysis, and financial reporting.
- Build collaborative relationships across Mayfield Management Group;
- Develop and execute an industry-leading Corporate Finance strategy; and
- Assist in special assignments as assigned by the President & CEO.
- Complete operational reporting and analysis; work closely with Senior Management and external auditors to ensure proper compliance;
- Budget preparation, including the development of revenue and expense budgets, and capital expenditures;
- Ensuring alignment to the Company’s strategic vision;
- Provide vision, oversight, and support in the delivery of the financial plan;
- Support the Company ownership in the building and maintaining relationships with financial institutions, including preparing and presenting various current and projected financial results;
- Analyze and review internal processes and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Champion new software implementation as well as ongoing maintenance;
- Continually evaluate current processes for the opportunity to improve and re-implement revised processes for financial and operational efficiency;
- Complete basic accounting functions such as:
- Monthly balance sheet review
- A/P, A/R, G/L, bank reconciliations, and payroll
- Monitoring cash flow
- Preparing GST remittance returns
- Preparing detailed reconciliations and assisting external auditing firms with year-end reports;
- Overseeing regulatory compliance issues; and
- Manage and/or perform month-end closing duties/processes.
- Provide collaborative, supportive leadership to the accounting team with a focus on promoting personal and professional growth and development; and
- Be present, engaged, and a role model of professional conduct pursuing excellence in execution, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement, and producing creative and/or unique solutions.
- Over 30 years in the industry and over $3 billion in assets managed;
- Mayfield Management Group is a values-based company that truly practices its core values;
- Focus towards building a world-class organization through disruptive innovation; and
- An entrepreneurial team that is positioned for continued growth backed by a leadership team that fully supports collaboration.
FIRST-YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization and build collaborative relationships;
- Create and ensure the timely delivery of accurate weekly, monthly, and quarterly corporate financial reports;
- Measure the profitability of cost centers and core corporate service areas;
- Champion the implementation of their new financial software system; and
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement by analyzing current processes and implement solutions as needed.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field; and
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) is required.
- 7 – 10 years’ accounting experience with a minimum 2 years experience in a Controller role;
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis;
- Exemplary history of financial project management;
- Working knowledge of federal, provincial, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting;
- Previous experience leading out an ERP system implementation;
- MRI experience considered an asset;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and computer accounting software;
- Property Management or Real Estate Development experience considered an asset;
- Successful track record in leading, motivating, and managing teams; and
- Experience in setting up the systems and processes to manage the corporate financials.
Competencies and Attributes
- Business and Financial Acumen: Understands key business fundamentals, understands the drivers of financial health and accountability of the organization, and takes responsibility to maintain its ongoing fiscal soundness.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Open to receiving constructive feedback and willing to engage in robust healthy discussion to foster the spirit of continuous improvement. Ability to provide and express information in a clear, concise manner and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both employees and customers.
- Collaborative Leadership: Collaborative leader that provides the coaching, support, encouragement, and direction required to engage and empower employees in the accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Models positive leadership behaviors and maintains professionalism under pressure and uncertainty. Provides timely feedback and guidance to employees, ensuring their development and success are supported. Ability to adapt leadership style to different audiences as needed.
- Detailed: Ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently. Handles details meticulously and makes very few mistakes. Demonstrates commitment to accuracy.
- Develops Talent: Developing the team to meet both their career goals and Mayfield Management Group’s goals. Creating pools of people ready and willing to take on new challenges and step up when needed.
- Drives Results: Infuses the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creates a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicates a clear vision, sets priorities, develops and executes plans that achieve the desired outcome for the organization’s growth goals. Thrives within a dynamic, growing environment. Effectively prioritizes tasks to meet all deadlines. Ability to manage and allocate resources as needed to meet tasks with competing deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: An attitude and approach to thinking is to actively seek out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. A mindset where you ask critical questions, innovate, and seek continuous improvement.
- Managing Change: Demonstrates support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Process Driven: Verifies that each step of the process is completed and makes sure that the finance team follows strict guidelines.
- Teamwork: Builds commitment to a common vision and shared values. Uses the team dynamics to create an open and constructively critical group that pushes the development of each individual. Will work hands-on with the team when needed.
Mayfield Management Group is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and Mayfield Management Group throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AXRX-424031 Corporate Controller – Mayfield Management Group - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.