Corporate Controller – GardaWorld
GardaWorld is the largest security services company in the world, offering a wide range of business solutions including security and cash handling services. Over the past two decades, GardaWorld’s activities have taken it from its headquarters in Montreal to oil fields in Iraq, embassies in Africa, major U.S. financial institutions and Canadian airports. GardWorld works in a multitude of sectors such as financial services, infrastructure, natural resources and retail. The company serves private clients, governments and Fortune 500 companies with employees deployed around the world.
To continue its success in an environment of growth, GardaWorld is looking for its next Corporate Controller.
Under the supervision of the Vice-President, Finance and Control, the Corporate Controller coordinates all activities of the Accounting Department. They are responsible for the daily activities and coordination of the work of the accounting staff, the preparation of the company’s monthly financial statements on a consolidated basis and ensures their reliability.
- Ensures the preparation of the company’s consolidated financial statements (around one hundred subsidiaries worldwide), on a monthly basis, in accordance with IFRS.
- Ensures the reliability of the financial information contained in the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement on a consolidated basis by preparing and/or reviewing key financial statement items.
- Prepares monthly management reports.
- Ensures the preparation of files for the auditors for quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Ensures clear, concise, and effective communication with subsidiaries.
- Acts as a resource person for the accounting team in Canada and throughout the subsidiaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance, professional designation of Chartered Professional Accountant.
- 10 years experience in a similar role with a level of complexity.
- Relevant experience with a company operating at the pan-Canadian and international level.
- Bilingualism essential.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Possesses strong organizational skills, shows great autonomy, rigour and meticulousness.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates good business judgment as well as a global vision of files.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A020720 (AYCG-055784) Corporate Controller – GardaWorld - QC - Montreal (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.