Controller – Sugarlash Pro
Created from an owner with a relentless passion to be the best in the industry, Sugarlash Pro has quickly grown to become one of North America’s premier eyelash distributors. Driven by the highest standards, Sugarlash Pro sources the best available products from around the world, while continually pushing the boundaries in product development and advancement. Sugarlash Pro currently distributes its high products to over 40,000 lash artists across 45 countries. Truly an eyelash couture, Sugarlash Pro clientele demand the highest level of performance and product quality in the business. Sugarlash Pro prides itself on consistently delivering on this expectation.
Sugarlash Pro also offers a best in class Academy Program, where annually, 1500-3500 lash artists from all over the world are trained to be the best in the industry and learn unique trademarked techniques of the highest and most respected caliber, as recognized by global industry experts.
Sugarlash Pro continues to experience rapid growth, and as such is currently seeking a Controller who will develop and implement financial processes and procedures to ensure the company maintains its financial health while positioning itself for sustained growth and profitability. The Controller will lead out the development of timely, relevant reporting, which will include monthly results analysis, budgeting and cash flow forecasting, while also managing the execution of the day to day financial functions. Critical to the role is the ability to look ahead from a strategic standpoint and position the company to realize greater efficiencies, growth and profitability.
For information about Sugarlash Pro, please visit their website at sugarlashpro.ca
Job Title: Controller
Reports to: President
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
- Respond to all internal financial enquiries within the company.
- Achieve maximum (continuous improvement) efficiency and accuracy around processes, and where needed, assist in identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement in the processes.
- Coach employees on new processes by helping them understand their effect on current processes.
- Provide detailed monthly reporting and variance analysis as compared to budget.
- Analyze data to provide reporting on future trends.
- Lead out the sourcing and implementation of a new accounting system.
- Manage company assets to financially position the company to minimize risk.
- Oversee and manage the annual budget and cash flow process for all departments and corporate, inclusive of collecting historical data, detailed preparation of required spreadsheets and presentation of budget to key stakeholders.
- Safeguard company assets by effectively performing regular reconciliations, auditing and verifying documents, managing internal controls and completing data backups.
- Stay current with all governmental regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends.
- Contribute to and foster a culture of excellence.
- Continually seek opportunities to maximize profitability.
- Create an environment of collaboration, open communication and engagement.
- Demonstrate a “can do”, “problem solving” approach to all inquiries and concerns.
- Ensure vendor issues and requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Investigate and handle complex payment issues and vendor complaints that have been escalated and require immediate attention.
- Build out finance team as needed, and
- Coach, train and mentor staff, setting clear expectations and accountabilities.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Sugarlash Pro is a rapidly growing company and operates at a quick pace; and
- The company is currently in a transitional period between offices.
- Work closely with a young, energetic, dynamic team;
- Become a strong leader in a fun and energetic company; and
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree in Finance or similar education, and
- Designated accountant preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive management experience in a senior finance role.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship and communication skills.
- Knowledge, expertise or significant exposure to a major ERP application.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and
- Solid understanding of distribution and export.
Competencies and Attributes
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to establish well-thought out processes that address all of the relevant variables.
- Excellent communicator – sharing information with the team, clarifying and managing expectations, keeping team abreast of overall status of responsibilities while maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive matters.
- Ability to organize information, maintain systems and take action independently.
- Demonstrated presentation, leadership and team-building skills.
- Ability to adapt and positively respond to frequent and varied requests requiring initiative and flexibility with minimal supervision.
- Not afraid to be assertive and ask questions when clarification is required, communicating challenges and opportunities as they come up.
- Results oriented and driven to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Understanding of how self-awareness and humility is an important tool on connecting for influence.
- Ability to motivate, engage and inspire others.
- Act as an agent of change and continually drive improvement.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Not afraid to be hands on and challenge any task.
- Polite, professional and highly ethical.
- High degree of diplomacy with the ability to discern and avert potential conflict-of-interest situations.
- Positive, proactive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Results oriented with a high degree of business acumen.
- Independent self-starter with a high degree of accountability.
- Tenacity to get things done on time and on budget, and.
- Executional excellence, vision for excellence and attention to detail.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A014676 (ACXX-413136) Controller – Sugarlash Pro - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.