Controller – Rotaflow Controls
Rotaflow is Western Canada’s premier full-service Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) firm based in Edmonton. For nearly 25 years they have worked with the world’s leading energy companies including Suncor, Gibson Energy, Husky, TC Energy and Cenovus.
Rotaflow is comprised of a team of licensed professionals including project managers, engineers, highly skilled tradespeople and administrators who are committed to delivering the best results for their client projects on time and on budget. They understand the unique nature of the Oilsands business, operational and regulatory requirements and processes, and the impact (risk) that fire and utility upsets can have on the bottom line.
Safety – First
- Safety starts with me
- Safety is our culture and not just a program
- If you see it, you own it
One Team Spirit
- Respect for one another
- Be fair & honest
- Earn & maintain trust
- Serve with gratitude and appreciation
- Keep promises
- Always be ethical & professional
- Eager to learn
- Strive to do better
- Learn & train, mentor & coach
- I take ownership of my work and I am accountable for the results, including safety
- Do the right thing, always
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes but when you do, own them, learn from them and do not repeat the same mistake
For more information on Rotaflow please visit https://www.rotaflow.ca
|Reports to:||Director, Corporate Services|
|Direct Reports:||2 Fulltime: Corporate Accountant; and Project Accountant|
3 Part-time: Finance Manager; Payroll; and Supply Chain
As a member of the leadership team, the Controller will lead the accounting/finance department. The successful candidate will be a trusted advisor, confident in making financial decisions and work collaborative with the leadership team.
The Controller will be responsible for the full accounting cycle including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, project accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cash management, variance analysis and financial reporting. In addition, the Controller will be responsible for the final stage of the ERP system implementation and serve as project sponsor for key corporate initiatives.
- Develop financial plans and policies that assist in the achievement of organizational strategies;
- Advise on how the role finance can proactively play in planning for long-term business success and planning;
- Lead the organization’s budget development and oversight processes; and
- Serve as project sponsor on key corporate projects as directed by the Director, Corporate Services.
- Oversee full-cycle accounting, credit, finance and asset management for the organization;
- Oversee the adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, financial control measures, and monitor standards and performance;
- Prepare and/or review of reporting packages; monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports with respect to production, growth, profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets;
- Demonstrate innovation by keeping apprised of trends and best in class practices implementing with the organization as appropriate to fulfill the overall corporate strategy;
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset to financial practices enhancing and implementing new processes to support excellence; and
- Act as the key liaison for financial audit, tax filing and compliance.
- Lead and direct the successful second phase of the ERP, Spectrum system software implementation;
- Map together the financial function needs of the company with the Spectrum system software capabilities; and
- Ensure the effective operation of all financial and Spectrum system software.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships throughout the Rotaflow organization and with stakeholders;
- Provide leadership, support, guidance, coaching and direction throughout the finance department; and
- Be present, engaged and a role model of professional conduct pursuing excellence in execution, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement and producing creative and/or unique solutions.
- Rotaflow is an organization that is on a dynamic growth trajectory;
- Long term presence at world class industrial sites;
- Generous Health Benefit package and RRSP matching;
- A safety-oriented culture with one team spirit; and
- Continuous learning & development – it is part of their core values to invest in their people.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization;
- Create and ensure the timely delivery of accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly operational financial reports;
- Develop annual budgets for the different departments within the organization;
- Oversee the final stage of implementation of their financial software system by creating a process map which will help optimize and streamline their reporting capabilities;
- Demonstrate strong leadership with an ability to set, articulate and engage the team in a clear vision; and
- The successful candidate will have involvement in a significant BDC program to enhance the strategic direction of the company.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; and
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) is required.
- A total of 7-10 years’ experience in accounting;
- Must have job costing/project accounting experience in the construction industry;
- Previous experience leading out an ERP system implementation;
- Track record of success delivering relevant, timely and value add financial reports and modeling;
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience;
- Highly proficient computer skills; and
- Familiarity with Sage/Timberline/Spectrum or equivalent financial system is considered an asset.
Competencies and Attributes
- Business and Financial Acumen: Understands key business fundamentals, understands the drivers of financial health and accountability of the organization and takes responsibility to maintain its ongoing fiscal soundness.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Open to receiving constructive feedback and willing to engage in robust healthy discussion to foster the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Continuous Learner: Continues to seek new knowledge and skills, as well as developing existing capabilities.
- Decision Quality: Good decisions are based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement.
- Detailed: Ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently. Handles details meticulously and makes very few mistakes.
- Develops Talent: Developing the team to meet both their career goals and Rotaflow goals. Creating pools of people ready and willing to take on new challenges and step up when needed.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve results.
- Innovative: Drives the project forward, keeping up to date with trends. Brings a creative approach to solving problems and out of box thinking.
- Leadership: Collaborative leader that provides the coaching, support, encouragement, and direction required to engage and empower employees in the accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Models positive leadership behaviors and maintains professionalism under pressure and uncertainty. Provides timely feedback and guidance to employees, ensuring their development and success is supported. Ability to adapt leadership style to different audiences as needed.
- Relationship Builder: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both parties. Good relationships are the key to getting things done and are essential when your success is dependent on others.
- Teamwork: Builds commitment to a common vision and shared values. Uses the team dynamics to create an open and constructively critical group that pushes the development of each individual. Will work hands on with the team when needed.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ALGD-435353 Controller – Rotaflow Controls - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.