Communications Manager – PRIMED Medical Products Inc.
PRIMED Medical Products Inc. (“PRIMED”) is a leading Canadian medical product provider to hospitals, clinics and long-term care facilities, PRIMED also offers branded, co-branded and private label products and services to their customers and global partners. The company has its corporate head office in Edmonton, Alberta, four wholly owned manufacturing facilities in Asia, and the newest facility in Cambridge, Ontario. PRIMED Cambridge joins the organization as the domestic production hub and Centre of Excellence for North American personal protective equipment production.
PRIMED is proud to be an ISO 13485:2016 registered company and recognized as one of Canada’s 100 Best Managed Companies four years in a row (2018 to 2021).
Mission: To protect people from harmful substances and infectious diseases
Core Values: Collaboration, Respect, Agility, Fearlessness, Trust
PRIMED teams are made of passionate, accomplished, and creative people. Their culture is collective because they motivate and trust each other. As a team member of PRIMED you are encouraged to challenge the status quo, they are tenacious, resourceful and thrive in a fast-paced and supportive environment.
For more information on PRIMED, please visit: https://www.primed.com
|Job Title:||Communications Manager|
|Reports to:||Vice President, Marketing and Product Strategy|
|Direct Reports:||1 – Marketing Specialist|
The Communications Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction on all corporate related communication activities including planning, strategy, and execution of these activities. Key areas of immediate focus will be the optimization of the overall corporate brand strategy as we exit the COVID-19 Pandemic. In addition, a focus on PRIMED’s digital communications is necessary including further enhancing and leveraging PRIMED’s recently launched e-commerce business platform.
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing & Product Strategy, the Communications Manager will work very closely with PRIMED’s Marketing and Sales Teams, other cross functional departments, and the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on a variety of different opportunities and communication projects.
The role is responsible for crafting an effective communication strategy that will maximize the impact of investments PRIMED has made in our marketing strategies. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be recognized as the expert in corporate communications including the development and execution of public relations initiatives and partnering with external partners that enhance the vision and mission of the organization;
- Creating an enduring corporate positioning that results in increased brand awareness, brand loyalty, and ultimately improved market share;
- Championing of a corporate brand strategy and communication plan, ensuring all internal and external business activities are aligned with this plan;
- Development of sustainable and responsible corporate communications that align to ESG principles and themes;
- Proactive corporate crisis communications that reinforce company’s reputation and leadership position;
- Overseeing integrated digital marketing initiatives including social media, and PRIMED’s corporate web site development and optimization;
- Specifically, input and knowledge into B2C and B2B digital sales and marketing initiatives via e-commerce business platform;
- Interfacing with digital agency partners to ensure on time and on budget execution of digital projects;
- Support in the development of high-quality effective sales and marketing materials, both online and in print; and
- Leadership, mentoring and coaching of one direct report.
Existing Judgment/Impacts of Decisions/Consequence of Error
The Communication Manager position is designed to foster development and integration of external and internal communications and activities with customer and market requirements. The Communication Manager will have to at times operate independently and therefore be confident in the work completed. The Communication Manager would typically solve the following problems using their own judgment, experience, and expertise:
- Problems related to timelines and project deliverables;
- Responding to media and government agencies questions regarding PRIMED activities;
- Managing and providing appropriate guidance and supervision of external digital agency partner; and
- Issues related to potential differences between various departments and resources.
Typical problems that would be passed on to a colleague or supervisor include:
- Finance or budget related constraints;
- Problems related to the Quality Policy; and
- Issues surrounding risk and crisis events in the marketplace.
The Communication Manager will use PRIMED’s procedure literature for issues that may arise. Guidelines, procedures, and manuals that assist in the duties related to the job are QMS documents including Work Instructions and other various ad-hoc directions.
An error in work would have consequences on the product as well as the company including reputation in the marketplace, impacting a project’s timeline, and impacting continued success. Errors in work would be discovered through oversight by the various leaders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff across the organization to create a results driven, team- oriented environment;
- A skilled negotiator and time manager who can effectively multi-task, prioritize, remain composed under pressure, and cultivate strong internal relationships;
- Pursue a growth-oriented mindset that enables PRIMED to be a continued leader in the PPE market by practicing current skills in management, analysis, and leadership; and
- Autonomy for taking decisive action through information within a demanding fast- paced workplace with high standards.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Cultivate trust and respect within the organization;
- Understand PRIMED’s business models, customers, value propositions, and products;
- Reconfirm PRIMED’s corporate positioning and communication plan;
- Develop an external public relation plan;
- Support execution of digital initiatives that align with PRIMED’s communications plan;
- Create a social media planning calendar; and
- Collaborate on product related communication to ensure the corporate website communications are optimized.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, additional specialization in corporate communications and digital marketing would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in communications or public relations related management roles;
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience working within a corporate setting;
- Strong management skills with a proven track record of achievement in leading and directing teams;
- Demonstrated strategic planning and analysis skills in marketing, and business (competitive) strategy;
- Understanding of development of digital marketing initiatives, e-commerce platform and corporate web site optimization and measurement;
- Experience in establishment of sustainable, credible, and unique positioning for a product or organization in a highly competitive and regulated segment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders, including creation of press releases and social media posts;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities; and
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office and understanding of relevant social media channels.
Competencies and Attributes
- Collaborative: Fosters an environment with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment with a proven track record of achievement.
- Communication: Excellent written and presentation skills. Fosters the development of clear communications both internally and externally.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to break down complex challenges into actionable steps with clear and concise direction.
- Organization: Ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities.
- Strategic Planning: Develops short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, creative, realistic and effective in meeting and exceeding goals and objectives and integrates planning efforts across functions.
- People Leadership: Ability to inspire and focus the team on goal achievement. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with PRIMED’s values.
- Relationship Builder: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both parties. Good relationships are the key to getting things done and are essential when your success is dependent on others.
- Teamwork: Builds commitment to a common vision and shared values. Uses the team dynamics to create an open and constructively critical group that pushes the development of everyone. Will work hands on with the team when needed.
PRIMED Medical Products Inc. is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and PRIMED Medical Products Inc. throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AMYN-333720 Communications Manager – PRIMED Medical Products Inc. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.