Client Service Specialist – Group Benefits Provider
Job Title: Client Service Specialist
Reports to: Manager, Sales & Service
Location: Winnipeg, MB
The client service specialist will draw on their expertise and knowledge in both group insurance and pension to lead client meetings, renewal meetings and regular communications that provide added value and service to their clients. They will use their entrepreneurial spirit to drive and grow business while keeping the clients’ service needs at the core of everything they do; building relationships through which their clients can embrace the advice you provide on a full range of benefits and services.
Significant travel will be required to remote and non-remote regions across Canada to deliver employer and employee presentations and to develop long-term relationships. Additional job duties will include participating in regional and annual client workshops, addressing client inquiries in a timely manner, assessing needs of large-case clients, preparing client meeting reports and achieving annual retention objectives.
- Lead client meetings, renewal meetings and regular communications
- Day-to-day management of client requests, claim activities and the ongoing general administration and maintenance of group client activities
- Interact with clients, advisors, and plan members to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services
- Up to 75% travel in certain months to various remote and non-remote communities (No current travel due to COVID-19) across western Canada and Ontario
- Provide excellent client service with a goal of 100% retention rate
- Build strong relationships throughout the communities.
- Participate in regional and annual client workshops
- Addressing client inquiries in a timely manner
- Preparing client meeting reports
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Must be licensed in Life, Accident & Sickness, or become licensed within six months of hire
- Two to five years’ experience in group insurance and/or pension plans, with previous experience in a client service role
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to develop strong partnerships with our clients
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Effective issue resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Extensive travel is required to remote and non-remote First Nations Communities
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AQMD-831153 Client Service Specialist – Group Benefits Provider - MB - Winnipeg (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.