Chief of Emergency Department – Kemptville District Hospital
Kemptville District Hospital is a healthcare facility accredited with national exemplary standing offering an array of services, including 24-hour emergency care, advanced orthopaedic surgery, and in-hospital care. We offer state of the art diagnostic imaging and a wide variety of medical and surgical specialists’ clinics. We also provide an expanding list of education and wellness programs for our communities.
Surgery: We offer orthopaedic surgery, including hip and knee replacements, as well as general surgery and endoscopy.
Outpatient Care: We offer a wide variety of specialists’ clinics for outpatients, from chiropody through sports medicine.
In-hospital Care: We will do our utmost to make your stay as comfortable and healing as possible
Convalescent Care: We offer Convalescent Care for people who no longer need to be in hospital, and yet are not able to return home.
Interim Long-Term Care: We provide interim long-term care for residents awaiting acceptance in their selected long-term care facilities. Our staff and volunteers create a very home-like atmosphere.
Diagnostic Imaging: We provide a variety of diagnostic imaging services, including x-ray, ultrasound,
mammogram, and bone mineral density testing.
|Job Title:||Chief of Emergency Services|
|Reports to:||Chief of Staff, Medical Advisory Committee, Board|
|Indirect Reports:||20 Physicians with privileges in the ED|
A Chief of Department shall:
- be a member of the Medical Advisory Committee;
- make recommendations to the Medical Advisory Committee regarding appointment, reappointment, change in privileges and any disciplinary action to which members of the Department should be subject;
- advise the Medical Advisory Committee with respect to the quality of care provided by the Medical Staff, Dental Staff, Midwifery Staff and Extended Class Nursing Staff members of the Department;
- conduct a written performance evaluation of all members of the Department on an annual basis as part of the reappointment process and conduct an enhanced performance evaluation on a periodic basis;
- hold regular meetings of the Department;
- delegate responsibility to appropriate members of the Department;
- report to the Medical Advisory Committee and to the Department on the activities of the Department;
- perform such additional duties as may be outlined in the Chief of Department position description approved by the Board or as set out in the Rules and Regulations or as assigned by the Board, the Chief of Staff/Chair of the Medical Advisory Committee or the Medical Advisory Committee or Chief Executive Officer from time to time; and
- in consultation with the Chief of Staff/Chair of the Medical Advisory Committee, designate an alternative to act during the absence of both the Chief of Department and the Deputy Chief of Department, if any.
- Opportunity to lead an Emergency Department and deliver care as an Emergency Physician.
- Strong local supports as well as easy access to larger centers in Ottawa
- Dynamic communication opportunities leading in a smaller community.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Licensed in the province of Ontario in Family or Critical Care Medicine with the CPSO or eligible.
- Additional Emergency Medicine training (3rd Year EM)
- Experience caring for patients in an Emergency Department for at least 1-2 years
- Leadership experience in corporate initiatives and/or committees.
In addition to Chief of ED Compensation overall compensation is dependent on additional clinical services provided.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AYAB-254033 Chief of Emergency Department – Kemptville District Hospital - ON - Ottawa (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.