Chief Financial Officer – Sugarlash PRO Inc.
A privately-owned Canadian company, Sugarlash PRO Inc. (“Sugarlash”) began from entrepreneurial roots. Now, a maturing company, Sugarlash has seen tremendous growth over the past couple of years by focusing on product development and distribution, education, and other related services. Sugarlash has demonstrated a relentless passion to be the best in the industry and has quickly grown to become one of North America’s premier eyelash distributors. Driven by the highest standards, Sugarlash sources the best available products from around the world, while continually pushing the boundaries in product development and advancement. Truly an eyelash couture, Sugarlash clientele demand the highest level of performance and product quality in the business. Sugarlash prides itself on consistently delivering on this expectation.
Sugarlash also offers a best in class Academy Program, where lash artists from all over the world are trained to be the best in the industry and learn unique trademarked techniques of the highest and most respected caliber, as recognized by global industry experts.
For further information about Sugarlash PRO Inc., please visit their website at www.sugarlashpro.com.
|Job Title:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Direct Reports:||1 (Accounting Assistant)|
Based in Edmonton and reporting to the President, the Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) will be a key member of the Executive Management Team. The CFO will provide hands-on leadership and be responsible for all financial planning, compliance, risk management, and finance functions and is the key financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO will directly assist the President and other senior leaders on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting, and compliance.
This dynamic role will also provide objective advice and analysis, as well as strategic direction and counsel on a number of complex business operations and will support continued growth.
- Oversee the accounting and financial decisions of the company;
- Drive the formulation of the company’s strategic short – and long-term goals and objectives and the strategy and vision supporting tactical initiatives toward achievement;
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team;
- Hire, lead, evaluate, integrate and support change management and process improvements;
- Develop, recommend, and implement a technology strategy and policy;
- Provide direction in the preparation of the company’s financial forecasts;
- Establish the company’s system of budgetary control; provide the interpretation of financial results against planned performance;
- Oversee the administration of the company’s tax accounting activity;
- Take the necessary action to ensure compliance with financial requirements established by law or regulation, or to which the company is committed by agreement or contract; direct the preparation and submission of reports required;
- Ensure the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements, and record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies; and
- Perform other duties as assigned with the stamina and flexibility as may be required to perform the essential functions of the job.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Create individual budgets for departments;
- Translate complex financial concepts into business information enabling others to utilize and make strong, informed business decisions;
- Ensure the finance team composition is appropriate, the team is aligned and positioned for success;
- Ensure continuous improvements in finance and accounting processes and procedures are in place to deliver optimal value to the business;
- Become an active member of the Executive Management team’s strategic planning process and operational execution plans;
- Deliver successful and error-free year-end audits and ensure timely filing of all required tax returns;
- Manage business risk to protect the assets of the company, including the development of more comprehensive foreign exchange management programs;
- Ensure delivery of accurate and timely weekly, monthly and quarterly operational reports; and
- Analyze current and potential business relationships and ventures;
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline; and
- Professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA, CA, CMA, CGA).
- Extensive knowledge and experience with e-commerce;
- Strong cross function operational experience; and
- 10+ years’ experience working in finance/accounting with at least 5+ years of proven senior management experience.
- Well-rounded and innovative with a solid, proven track record of accomplishments in both finance and operations;
- Must be a results-oriented, take-charge, hands-on leader;
- Highly professional, excellent communicator, approachable, skilled at developing and leading teams, be committed to total quality, and passionate about the business;
- Ability to build and lead cross-functional teams driving strategic initiatives and process improvement;
- Adept at financial analysis and forecasting; and
- Ability to think strategically, be a proactive problem solver, interpret financial performance through effective controls and metrics and drive a business to commercial success.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ASLS-434455 Chief Financial Officer – Sugarlash PRO Inc. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.