Chief Financial Officer – Paradigm Consulting Group
Paradigm Consulting Group LP (“Paradigm”) was incorporated in Saskatchewan in November 1990 and in July 2019, Golden Opportunities Fund (“Golden”) purchased majority shares in the business. Paradigm has been successfully providing business and information technology consulting services to their clients for over 28 years and employs over 150 full-time professionals in three Canadian locations; Regina, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Paradigm’s mission is “to help customers get the most from their investments in business processes and information technology”. Paradigm believes in growth through the disciplined application of business and financial models. They have a sense of pride in the organization and in the information technology services as well as the business and strategic solutions being provided to their customers. Paradigm’s vision is to create a competitive advantage through employee ownership and long-term mutually beneficial customer relationships. In short, Paradigm’s goal is to help their customers succeed.
Paradigm adheres to industry best practices and continue to retain their entrepreneurial and creative professionals due to their focus on continuous improvement and resource development. Paradigm has a strong commitment to the cities and provinces in which they operate with substantial involvement and sponsorships for the arts, sports, charities, and information technology sector events with the city and province.
Paradigm is extremely proud of the long-term relationships they have with their clients. They enter into every opportunity with the long-term in mind, even if the initial opportunity with a client is small and short term in nature. Paradigm lives by its mission – help and support. Paradigm conducts themselves with the belief that if they do good work, and nurture a mutually beneficial relationship, a client will request their services again when they need help.
For information about Paradigm Consulting Group, please visit their website: www.paradigmconsulting.com.
|Job Title:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer|
The Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) provides both operational and executive support to the organization. The CFO leads the finance and administration team, manages the accounting and finance functions and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and directly assists the CEO, other senior leaders on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting, and compliance.
Strategy and Planning
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer and the senior leadership team on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating strong relationships and rapports with all stakeholders at all levels;
- Assisting in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and execute plans for improvement and growth;
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on business performance, including financial/profit and loss and key performance indicators/metrics;
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues, and identify cost saving opportunities; and
- Participate in all senior management team and board meetings.
Finance and Administration
- Actively train, mentor, and coach accounting team and other staff on raising staff awareness and knowledge of financial management matters;
- Develop the annual operating budget and long-range financial forecasts including cash flow projections;
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow to ensure that all liabilities, legal, and regulatory requirements are met;
- Maintain banking relationships, achieve reporting requirements, and debt strategies;
- Act as a reliable support and resource for Paradigm’s external accounting firm and lead the business’ annual review engagement;
- Update and improve processes specific to internal controls, budget administration, cash management, and accounting;
- Oversee payroll and benefits administration for all employees;
- Manage and review all corporate insurance requirements; and
- Manage Paradigm’s contracts by taking responsibility for requirements on multi-year engagements.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Support the organization as it focuses on a period of renewal and growth;
- Work with investors to establish an approach that best leverages their financial capability and commitment while supporting the business to achieve the results Investors expect; and
- Continue to build and develop the finance & accounting team capability.
- Employee ownership to further align your interest directly with business performance and growth;
- Key executive leader who will influence strategic direction and operational performance alike; provide insight ‘beyond the numbers’; and
- Still ‘hands-on’ in core accounting matters in support of the team yet contributing as an executive leader across the full breath of organizational priorities.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Establish strong, effective working relationship with the finance & accounting team as well as organizational leaders
- Develop and execute upon a forward-looking financial strategy aimed towards growth of the business;
- Provide leadership over strategic financial planning, analysis, and budgeting;
- Analyze company performance and recommend ways to achieve financial goals and improve profitability;
- Contribute to strategy and major decisions related to revenue growth, overall company profitability, operational efficiency, and cash management; and
- Develop and implement financial models that support decision making throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, business, or a relevant discipline; and
- Chartered Professional Accountant (“CPA”) designation.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant experience in senior financial role within private sector;
- Prior experience leading and mentoring a team of direct reports;
- Proven successful as an entrepreneurial leader; and
- Working proficiency with QuickBooks and ability to quickly learn Time Tracker (proprietary time management software) would be considered an asset.
Competencies and Attributes
- Ability to leverage data and insights to influence decision making;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent relationship building skills, both internally and externally;
- Strong organizational skills and an exceptionally high attention to detail;
- Empower senior team, delegate to and further develop talents of highly skilled and committed senior leaders;
- Experience with applying best practice in strategic performance management, enterprise risk management, and corporate governance;
- Effective decision-maker, with well-rounded problem-solving ability; and
- Strong negotiation skills and overall business acumen.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AJMC-336417 Chief Financial Officer – Paradigm Consulting Group - SK - Regina (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.