Chief Financial Officer | Confidential Client
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer|
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) oversees the Accounting, Financing, Fund Raising, Risk and Governance functions for this real estate company. The CFO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and directly assists the CEO on all strategic and tactical matters, budget management, forecasting requirements, investment metrics and funding needs.
Joining the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the ideal candidate brings with them expertise in financial management and accounting, direct experience in the real estate industry, along with an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep passion for business in Calgary.
- Identify all forms of organizational business risk.
- Foster strategic relationships with external partners & stakeholders
- Ensure funding for the group of companies
- Ensure Strong Corporate Governance
- Provide strategic input with an entrepreneurial lens.
- Ensure integrity of the financial reporting system
Strategy and Leadership:
- Work with CEO and SLT in developing the strategic vision for the company and the implementation of the vision.
- Participate in the planning and development of new developments and acquisitions.
- Manage and mentor all direct reports.
- Lead the annual Operating and Capital budget process for review by the CEO and SLT.
- Support the preparation of quarterly and year-end Financial Statements in a timely basis.
- Secure and oversee the Equity and Debt funding requirements of the Organization in tax efficient structures and diversification among various lenders.
- Liaise with independent accountants and/or legal counsel with respect to any tax planning, opportunities, or issues.
- Support the payroll related activities, including benefits and vacation tracking.
- Set compensation Philosophy and compensation program.
- Lead investor relations strategy as it pertains to potential external investors, Partners, and Stakeholders.
- Oversee all investor relations activities.
- Collaborate with CEO in the development of the funding strategy and financial products to realize funding goals and achieve overall corporate strategy.
- Support/oversee capital raises.
- Support with annual reporting requirements from lenders and equity partners.
- Assist CEO and SLT in the negotiation (as required) on contracts for new projects.
- Manage all legal aspects of the employment lifecycle (i.e. recruitment, employment contracts, contract amendments and/or changes, terminations, etc.)
- Ensure adequate controls are in place with respect to risk management and corporate governance to safeguard the financial assets of the Corporation.
- Lead the preparation of Board Agendas and related Board packages.
- Attend and participate in all Board meetings.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) certification required.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) certification considered an asset.
- *Candidates who possess both a CFA and MBA certification may be considered.
- 20+ years’ experience in a senior financial role is required.
- Must have demonstrated experience in raising equity.
- Experience working in a growth-oriented organization would be considered an asset.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Collaborative leadership style that builds trust and teamwork, operating with a high level of integrity.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, with the ability to drive financial performance and make data-driven decisions.
- Optimistic outlook and positive attitude with the ability to be a creative problem solver.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: Heather_Shettler@ajg.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A027252 (AVTO-576846) Chief Financial Officer | Confidential Client - AB - Calgary and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.