Chief Financial Officer
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Reports to: President
Direct Reports: 1
Indirect Reports: 1
Located in Edmonton, and reporting to the President, the Chief Financial Officer will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, tax, debt financing and budgeting. The Chief Financial Officer will ensure that company accounting procedures are in accordance with generally accepted accounting policies.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Manage the preparation of monthly financial reporting, analysis and comparison of operating results to budget;
- Manage the preparation of financial budgets and forecasting, along with recommending benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance;
- Oversee the finance and accounting team, and provide training, supervision and evaluation of department staff;
- Ensure the timely and accurate compliance of reporting requirements to Provincial and Federal authorities;
- Act as the liaison with external auditors, bankers and government agencies; and
- Coordinate the year end audit and provide policy and procedure recommendations.
- With the other members of the executive team, develop five-year business plans;
- Contribute to overall company planning and policy-making;
- Design. establish and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives;
- In conjunction with the above, establish short and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures; and
- Coordinate the management of the MIS department to align with company objectives.
OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company in a fast-paced environment.
- Surrounded by highly intellectual and driven colleagues.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Accounting designation – CA preferred, or
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- 5-10 years’ experience in a senior level finance or accounting position, coupled with an accounting designation;
- Knowledge of mergers and acquisitions;
- Knowledge of financial instruments and derivatives is preferred;
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Tax Act;
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting reporting systems; and
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills;
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Self-starter and highly driven;
- Strong team player and motivator;
- Ability to delegate and coach
- Not afraid to make decisions and lead by example;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Adaptable; and
- Guided by strong ethics and integrity.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AYRH-714588 Chief Financial Officer - AB - Edmonton and Area Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.