Chief Financial Officer – Arpi’s Industries Ltd.
Our client, Arpi’s Industries, is a second-generation family-owned organization, providing industrial, commercial and residential plumbing and heating solutions. Between the two divisions (residential and commercial), Arpi’s employs 350 staff in the Calgary market.
On the residential side, they offer service and installation, energy efficient furnaces, water tanks, air conditioning, air quality, duct cleaning, and 24-hour emergency service. Arpi’s also works with home builders for HVAC installations, construction services, and LEED construction. In the commercial division, Arpi’s provides project management, design build, construction services, and LEED construction.
Arpi’s believes in doing the job right. With over 50 years of experience, and significant growth, they have never lost the hands-on, client-oriented approach that is at the heart of the Arpi’s experience. They aim to provide their clients with the highest possible standards in their living and working lives. They have a reputation for being reliable and dependable, with proven desire and success in focusing on their clients and giving them the best possible products and service.
Arpi’s has been honored with being presented twice with the Better Business Bureau Ethics Award, as well as the being recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies on several occasions.
For further information about Arpi’s Industries, please visit their website at www.arpis.com.
|Job Title:||Chief Financial Officer|
Reporting to the President, the Chief Financial Officer is an integral member of the senior leadership team and instrumental in providing both operational and executive support to the organization. The CFO leads the finance and accounting team, with direct oversight of accounting, tax, treasury, compliance and finance functions. The successful candidate will report directly to the President while working closely with the management team on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to operational and project profit, budget management, forecasting and compliance.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Direct all aspects of the company’s financial management, including preparation, review and analysis of the monthly financial statements
- Ensure continued financial stability of the organization while adhering to the corporate philosophy of no debt, cash flow financed growth, and buy versus lease
- Support the development and negotiation of key supplier, client contracts and tenders through providing detailed financial analysis and metrics
- Deliver timely, complete and accurate financial statements, budgets and forecasting reports on a monthly basis – identify and communicate trends and provide recommendations for improvement
- Advise and assist management on the financial implications of operational, quotation and product costing decisions
- Ensure working capital components (cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable and inventory) of company’s operations are managed to maximize cash generation
- Responsible for the coordination of the year-end review, working papers and presentation of such to the external auditor
- Responsible for regulatory reporting (CRA, T4’s, GST / POST, WCB, Stats Canada)
- Monitoring the organization’s banking activities and establishing a strong working relationship with Arpi’s lender
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets and product inventory ensuring metrics are in place assuring turnover of inventory and asset utilization
- Develop and maintaining systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with GAAP and federal, provincial, state and other requirements.
- Oversee risk management (property, casualty, liability insurance)
People and Organizational Leadership:
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to the accounting and administration staff – including financial and management accounting, payroll, inventory, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Evaluate the finance department’s organizational structure and effectiveness to maximize the flow of information and reduce any duplication
- Work closely with other members of the management team to provide them with relevant historical and forward-looking financial and statistical analysis and information
- Support and interface with operations staff to ensure integrity of accounting data
Opportunities and Challenges
- Participate as part of an aggressive and ambitious management team to support business initiatives and strategies through providing valuable financial insight
- Once a strong understanding of the business has been gained, offer advice for improvement within existing processes
- Be part of an organization that has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies through a rigorous application and review program
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Establish a high level of confidence through the organization and executive team regarding his / her knowledge of and contribution to the organization’s business model, strategy and objectives
- Translate complex financial concepts into business information enabling others to utilize the information and make strong business decisions
- Ensure the finance / accounting team are aligned, held to a high standard and maintain workflow processes for maximum efficiency
- Integral participation in successfully executing the business plan
- Ensure continued focus on business process improvement including Salesforce, ServiceMax, Viewpoint Spectrum and Accounting Seed.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA)
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience, including a minimum of 5 years in a senior leadership role
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles, GAAP
- Prior experience working in a commercial construction or service provider environment would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of construction, accounting and IT systems (job costing and accounting software)
- Knowledge of Sage Timerbline, Salesforce, Accounting Seed, Service Max software considered an asset
- Excellent Excel skills
Competencies and Attributes
- Self-motivated, well organized with excellent communication and leadership skills
- Results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
- Customer centric approach, aligning the finance department with the overall business values
- An appreciation of and ability to work within cross-functional teams on a consistent and regular basis
- Collaborative and team-oriented mind set
- Ability to exercise judgement and work independently, taking initiative
- Proven ability to deliver clear and concise reports to management
- Passionate about data integrity, accuracy and confidentiality
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Arpi’s Industries Ltd. is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and Arpi’s Industries Ltd. throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AEFT-267568 Chief Financial Officer – Arpi’s Industries Ltd. - AB - Calgary and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.