Chief Executive Officer
Our client is an Edmonton based business backed by a Private Equity Firm which focuses on providing parts distribution, service/ maintenance, and equipment rental services for the energy and oil & gas sector.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: Managing Director – Private Equity Firm
Direct Reports: 6
Indirect Reports: 90
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
A key member of the executive leadership team, the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) oversees all operational matters for our client and plays a key role in designing and executing its strategic direction. Along with the Private Equity Firm (“PE Firm”), the CEO sets the tone for management to foster ethical and responsible decision making, appropriate management and best-in-class corporate governance practices.
The CEO position will be accountable for the following responsibilities:
- The CEO must align with the PE Firm, embrace the value creation plan, think and act like an owner of the business;
- Must possess an intense focus on achievement of the value creation plan set forth by the PE Firm by optimizing capital allocation in pursuit of growth, operational excellence and maximizing profits;
- Foster a results-orientated mindset within the organization and measure the core areas that drive value. Harness talent, accelerate performance and develop and actionable blueprint for value creation;
- Must have a finger on the pulse of the organization, constantly assessing organizational health and ensure all levels embrace key imperatives. Must have the ability to activate mid-level management to achieve value creation goals;
- Works closely with branch management creating a healthy and robust work environment that ultimately drives customer satisfaction and superior equity returns. By focusing on the work environment as a priority, empowering employees to take care of customers and inevitably creating a culture of value creation implicit in the daily operating system;
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the PE Firm as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges;
- Build and cultivate a world-class team, celebrates successes and acts quickly and decisively in addressing performance shortfalls;
- Set a collaborative tone across functions and departments through mutual trust and clarity of shared purpose. Clear performance expectations are set based on attaining tactical milestones that align with the value creation plan;
- Excellent communicator who builds relationships; sets a clear and compelling vision and can rally the organization from the PE Firm down to the field staff. Able to communicate key imperatives clearly and build a motivated team that can establish momentum and measurement systems that ensure key imperatives stick;
- Must work productively with the leadership team and the PE Firm to determine the strategic areas of focus and translate that business content into communications that motivate the organization to deliver rapid business results;
- Must be keenly aware of how our client and its products and services are perceived by continually verifying how the company syncs with current and ongoing customer requirements;
- Develop and execute an appropriate strategy based on a solid understanding of our client’s core offerings and how they may address customers’ needs to achieve top line and bottom-line growth objectives; and
- Must be able to prioritize time spent with customers as well as internal functions as part of the daily routine. Aligning customer needs with internal business operations and making measurement of our client’s effectiveness in meeting those requirements is imperative.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build and maintain strong, lasting relationships with the internal stakeholders and customer base;
- Establish a franchise-like feel for all locations with consistent practices and processes upheld by all employees;
- Live and lead by following our client’s core values – integrity, accountability, and respect;
- Bring value to the organization and deliver value to customers; and
- Take ownership of various key operational elements of the business.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of our client and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
Education and Experience:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or a related discipline;
- MBA or professional designation (i.e.: CA) would be considered an asset;
- 10-15 years of professional management experience;
- Prior experience working for a Private Equity backed business would be considered an asset;
- Implemented successful process standardization procedures;
- Experience leading continuous technological and operation improvement to drive increases in sales performance, revenue growth and EBITDA;
- A strong leader with an ability to motivate, retain and recruit, challenge and deploy a strong performing team; and
- Demonstrate a command of the Oil and Gas Industry / business, industry trends and primary performance indicators.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Highly intelligent, innovative and season operational executive with exceptional technical skills, coupled with an open, participatory management style;
- High degree of emotional intelligence with a people first mentality;
- Strategic thinker with strong financial and business acumen;
- People and customer centric leader with an entrepreneurial approach;
- Demonstrated experience of growing and improving stakeholder value through strategic and commercial initiatives;
- Demonstrated track record of using operational analysis to help the broader organization improve business performance and profitability. A true business partner who can share strong analytical, quantitative and conceptual insights to assist in achieving our client’s growth objectives;
- Persuasive and understands how to engage and lead others through change and inspire advancement;
- Carries out tasks with a sense of urgency; and
- Customer driven mentality and constantly pursuing excellence.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ASPC-027180 Chief Executive Officer - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.