Chief Executive Officer
Located in Western Canada, our client is a closely held, professional services company that serves clients within the region. Long track-record of success provides a foundation from which to build to the future. A new phase is envisioned. This new phase includes:
- ever stronger relationships with clients built from a proactive commitment to providing solutions to their problems;
- the continued evolution of the Firm’s services that enables this positive client impact;
- profitable revenue growth – both organically and through smart acquisitions;
- increased breadth and depth of opportunity that consultants will be exposed to, enhancing their employment experience;
- strong effective partnerships with like minded entities; and,
- broader ownership interests provide strong alignment with and financial support to this new phase.
If you are a passionate entrepreneur with a strong track-record of success in the professional services segment of the market, serving a balance of public and private sector clients, this opportunity will appeal to you.
|Job Title:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Reports to:||Board of Directors|
|Direct Reports:||Key operational and functional leaders|
A dynamic and experienced chief executive leader to work closely with the Board of Directors as well as operational and functional leaders. Provide leadership that confirms vision, builds and executes strategy that supports clients resolve increasingly complex business problems. Maintain the Firm as a leader in the Western Canadian professional services sector.
- Participate with and support the board in effective governance practices for the Firm.
- Executive decision-making including vision, strategy, performance management and enabling policies.
- Leading strategy execution, models the values of the firm and provides strong encouragement for and shows appreciation to the Firm’s effort and accomplishments; Champion strategic investments through design, development and implementation.
- Champion Firm’s culture, creating an environment that promotes great performance and compelling consultant / team member experience.
- Oversee, through delegation, the Firm’s fiscal management processes including: business planning, budgeting, financial reporting, performance measurement and reporting, and auditing. Ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Oversee, through delegation to operational and functional leaders, operational excellence including, but not necessarily limited to effective capability for:
- Service delivery model that is relevant and value-adding for current and future customers,
- Business development and sales,
- Talent management and employee experience / engagement,
- Service delivery excellence including depth in all key areas of expertise important to project success
- Client management resulting in long-term, value-adding client relationships; including effective client feedback and learning mechanisms.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations as required to support vision realization.
- Be visible and engaged within the broader management and information technology consulting community to provide leadership to the evolution of the sector and future potential of its market.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Clients need for transformation, transformation of the sector and how clients engage.
- Increasing importance of partnerships.
- Commoditization of traditional services.
- Fragmented industry, poised for consolidation.
- Broader economic uncertainty for clients, fee pressure.
- History of delivering value, created strong brand, provides a foundation for future success.
- Strong investment partner to support Firm growth.
- Small enough to provide ‘family feel’ yet big enough to provide ‘career challenge’.
- Strong, effective and engaged senior management team.
- Opportunity to be an ‘owner’.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Have gotten to know the team, their strengths and development needs.
- Focused Firm on clients’ success.
- Established targets are met or exceeded.
- Known and respected in the appropriate market spaces that support today’s clients and the Firm’s future aspirations.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years providing executive leadership within a profitable, professional services organization.
- Proven successful as an entrepreneurial leader.
Competencies and Attributes
- Ability to inspire others; define vision and align others around it.
- Great communicator – solicits input and listens intently to and learns from stakeholders.
- Exhibits long-term perspective, seeding future opportunities while harvesting today’s crop. Can build effectives sales, business development capability into the Firm.
- Relationship-builder, personable, inspires confidence, builds trust, establishes followership.
- Empower senior team, delegate to and further develop talents of highly skilled and committed senior leaders.
- Experience with applying best practice in corporate governance.
- Good applied knowledge of financial management processes and strong aptitude to leverage business performance insight from financial information
- Effective decision-maker, with well-rounded problem-solving ability
- Strong negotiator
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AOKB-823362 Chief Executive Officer - Western Canada (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.