Chief Executive Officer – Royal Glenora Club
Quietly nestled in the heart of Edmonton’s iconic river valley, the Royal Glenora Club offers a family-oriented athletic and social environment to its members and guests, which focuses on sports and wellness by providing a lifestyle that enriches their wellbeing, both physically and socially.
In 1961, three clubs; the Glenora Skating & Tennis Club, the Braemar Badminton Club, and the Royal Curling Club, joined together to become the Royal Glenora Club (“the RGC”). They are dedicated to enriching their members’ and guests’ lives as a non-profit organization.
The Royal Glenora Club is currently in their second phase of its multi-million dollar Redevelopment project. The RGC will be opening entirely new and renovated spaces throughout the year, making it a destination that people will want to experience.
Redevelopment Phase 1 – Completed
- Updated Fitness Centre
- Family Locker Room
- Boys’ and Girls’ Shower & Change Rooms
Redevelopment Phase 2
- New Member Dining and Lounge
- New Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms
- New Glenrose & Strathcona Ballrooms
- New Spa & Physiotherapy Space
- New Braemar Ballroom
- New Gymnasium
- New Childcare Space
The Royal Glenora Club takes pride on having the best private club staff, cultivating an environment in which everyone is treated with respect and friendliness, and where there is a sense of pride in the facility. Royal Glenora Club employees are skilled service providers who embody values of Excellence (Be It), Integrity (Live It), Accountability (Own It), Progressive (Bring It) and Attitude (Love It). This is who they are ─ the Royal Glenora Club.
For further information on The Royal Glenora Club, please visit their website at www.royalglenora.com
|Job Title:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Reports to:||Board of Directors|
|Seven (7) Executive Assistant, Director of Recreation, Director of Facilities, Director of Food & Beverage, Controller, Human Resources Manager and Director of Membership|
The Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) reports to the Board of Directors and guides the strategic objectives for the Royal Glenora Club (“RGC”) in continuing the Club’s legacy and ongoing success. The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for leading and managing the operations of the entire Club.
The Chief Executive Officer will collaborate along with the Board on strategic planning objectives, operationalizing on that plan and developing and executing an annual operating budget that is financially responsible for its members.
The successful candidate will exhibit a strategic visionary mindset, with a commitment to enriching their Members’ and guests’ lives as a non-profit company.
- Support the development of a membership retention and growth strategy;
- Ensure financial accountability and ongoing financial sustainability of the Club:
- In collaboration with the Board, develop and implement the RGC strategic plans and resulting business plans;
- Lead the operations for all aspects of the Club; food, beverage, athletic operations, membership services, facilities, and administration departments; and
- Keep apprised of industry trends to ensure the Club remains competitive.
- Build and maintain open and trusting relationships with the Board members by offering timely and transparent communication to the Board;
- Support and enable the effectiveness of the Board and elevate their function to that of a governing oversight body;
- Report regularly to the Board on the strategic plan execution, operational & financial performance and risk management; and
- Provide leadership in recommending policy on the overall operations of the Club.
- Grow the membership by demonstrating RGC’s value proposition to prospective members;
- Actively engage with the membership to ensure the delivery of consistent, outstanding service that meets or exceeds member expectations;
- Proactively seek opportunities to provide or add value to current and prospective members; and
- Ensure regular communication with members to ensure the Club is operating in alignment with member expectations.
- Build and motivate a team of dynamic, energetic and engaged leaders who work collaboratively to achieve results; and
- Champion a positive, open and diverse culture that enables the team to deliver ongoing, exceptional member service.
- Continue to engage as a member of the Redevelopment Committee as Phase 2 of the Plan moves into 2022;
- Establish the highest standards for food, beverage, facility maintenance, and member services;
- Provide oversight and management of the day-to-day operations and financial performance of the Club; and
- In collaboration with the Food & Beverage team, create an innovative and dynamic events and catering program that enriches the member and guest experience.
- Represent the RGC as a family-oriented athletic and social club that people want to join for life;
- Opportunity to create heightened programs and services coming out of RGC’s Redevelopment project;
- Continue to grow membership by being the “leader and face” of the RGC both within the Club and the community at large;
- Opportunity to work in the highly desirable location of the North Saskatchewan River Valley, easily accessible from anywhere in Edmonton.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Ensure continued execution of RGC’s long-range strategic plan in order to leverage ongoing financial sustainability for the Club;
- Develop a strategy to grow and retain the membership;
- Collaborate as a sitting Committee member on the Redevelopment project;
- Build strong, trusting relationships with the membership by developing and implementing a plan to increase member engagement; and
- Champion a positive, engaged, collaborative internal culture modelling a commitment to the delivery of exceptional customer service.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree in business or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience operating at a senior/executive level in a private sport, social club or hospitality environment with similar facility offerings;
- Proven track record of success creating ongoing financial sustainability; and
- Previous leadership experience within the hospitality industry, athletics, or a membership driven or club setting would be an asset.
Competencies and Attributes
- Business and Financial Acumen: Understands key business fundamentals, understands the drivers of financial health and accountability of the Club and takes responsibility to maintain its ongoing fiscal soundness.
- Commercial Mindset: Understanding the business and paying attention to business problems (complex and less complex) from all angles. Applying knowledge of the business and marketplace to negotiate and structure interactions. Not only understanding key financial and commercial fundamentals, but more importantly how to incorporate a commercial thinking mindset into every major decision made.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance and service excellence is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for the RGC.
- Membership Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to member needs and adapting as these evolve. This heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Relationship with Board and Members: Builds trusting relationships with the Board and members by being open in the sharing and receiving of information and sees these groups as partners in furthering the Club’s goals. Proactively seeks partnership and collaboration with external organizations and the local community to ensure long-term strategic success.
- Strategic Leadership: Fosters the development of a common vision providing clear direction and priorities and clarifying roles and responsibilities. Sets the tone for the organizations culture and ensures succession in management and leadership.
- Strategic Planning: Develop short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, creative, realistic and effective in meeting goals and objectives, and integrates planning efforts across functions.
The Royal Glenora Club is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and is essential to service excellence. RGC welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with the provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and the RGC throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AUUI-438334 Chief Executive Officer – Royal Glenora Club - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.