Chief Executive Officer – KV Private Equity
KV Private Equity (“KVPE”) is based in Edmonton, Alberta and invests in lower mid-market operating businesses based in Western Canada which have established operations and strong growth potential. KVPE prides itself on being an active partner in the businesses we invest in. Our hands-on involvement allows us to leverage the financial expertise and extensive business experience of our professional staff and partners. KVPE currently has four investment properties within their recreational vehicle platform company: Northern Lite Truck Camper Manufacturing, a leading manufacturer of fibreglass slide-in campers (www.northern-lite.com); Off Grid Trailers (www.offgridtrailers.ca), a manufacturer of ruggedized tear-drop style trailers; Escape Trailer Industries (www.escapetrailer.com), a leading manufacturer of high quality, lightweight fiberglass holiday trailers, and Campion Boats (www.campionboats.com), a leader in luxury fiberglass boat manufacturing.
KVPE is part of the KV Group of Companies which includes, KV Capital Inc. (a private mortgage brokerage, Investment Fund Manager and real estate investment company with over $130 million of assets under management) and KV Mortgage Fund (a mortgage investment corporation). The KV Group of Companies was founded in 2006 and has enjoyed success by leveraging the experience of its professional staff, focusing on long term outcomes and operating under strong corporate governance that includes independent oversight of the managed pool investment vehicles.
For more information on KV Private Equity and KV Capital, please visit: https://kvprivateequity.ca/ and www.kvcapital.ca.
Job Title:Chief Executive Officer, RV Platform Company
Reports to:Chief Operating Officer of KVPE
Direct Reports: 6 – Presidents of each portfolio company (4); Research & Development; and Chief Financial Officer
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of KV Private Equity (“KVPE”), the RV Platform Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) will take ownership of the portfolio of companies and is tasked with taking separate companies and bringing them together, developing and working with platform company Presidents in executing growth strategies, de-risking platform businesses, driving performance and maintaining a focus on brand strength and continuous improvement and quality across all aspects of the organization.
The CEO will be a hands-on leader, responsible for leading the RV platform companies from founder-led business models to process-driven organizations focused on continued growth in the demand of the respective brands while also scaling up production and market presence. The CEO will work in conjunction with the platform Presidents to identify and implement initiatives related to profitability improvements, growth opportunities, efficiencies and integrating the businesses. The CEO must also develop and maintain relationships across all levels of the existing platform teams, the business’ external stakeholders, and the KVPE organization.
The CEO will be responsible for providing:
- Develop strategic plan to achieve growth and exit goals of KVPE’s RV platform;
- Developing stretch growth objectives (organic and/or through growth opportunities identified) for RV platform;
- Maximizing/optimizing the value of the RV platform as an investment in conjunction with the executive team, the private equity sponsor and other operating companies within the RV platform;
- Leading the development and execution of the short and long-term corporate plan and sales strategies, including the identification of potential business opportunities and various actionable initiatives to achieve corporate goals; and
- Build up demand of platform products via deliberate marketing and branding strategies.
- Lead the transitions from founder-led organizations to process driven organizations that can scale up, while maintaining a strong and supportive organizational culture;
- Demonstrating a hands-on, proactive, dedicated and driven attitude and encouraging, supporting and developing the same in others within the platform companies;
- Developing effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups and aligning the efforts of these groups to achieve the desired outcomes for the platform; and
- Motivating, coaching and leading teams through times of change and growth.
- Monitoring market activity, analyzing forecasts/industry trends and driving the pursuit of business at all levels of the organization;
- Mitigating key personnel risk, building robust processes and developing adaptive planning into the organizational structure and culture; and
- Overseeing the internal control environment.
- Demonstrate financial acumen by operating within an agreed upon financial budget;
- Work with operating businesses within the RV platform to drive cost and process efficiencies;
- Work with the RV platform teams to oversee all financial and business planning activities, including:
- Direct and administer all financial plans;
- Oversee business policies;
- Support of CFO in overseeing accounting practices;
- Review and analyze financial reports including cash flow statement, income statement and balance sheet on a monthly basis;
- Support organizational budgeting process;
- Oversee reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics; and
- Ensure relevant financial data is presented to the private equity sponsor and other stakeholders.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop and implement platform integration plan;
- Develop 2-5 year growth plan;
- Identifying and realizing synergies within the platform; and
- Develop a cohesive marketing and branding strategy supportive of each business.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline;
- Master’s in Business Administration will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated financial acumen (ability to read and understand a P&L, balance sheet, return on capital invested, etc.);
- 15+ years of executive level experience (leadership experience during times of organic expansion and growth);
- Prior experience in a CEO role with a track record of successfully developing and growing a business;
- Demonstrated ability leading high-functioning leadership teams;
- Experience working with or for Private Equity;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and action strategic plans, KPIs, and short and long-term budgeting and forecasting;
- Experience within the RV/Leisure Craft industry and in a business to consumer environment;
- Hands-on-experience overseeing internal controls and risk management; and
- Track record of identifying new opportunities for business growth through the effective use of market intelligence, market trend analysis and analytical aptitude.
Competencies and Attributes
- High degree of emotional intelligence with a “people first” mentality;
- Visionary with the ability to communicate and inspire belief in that vision from others;
- Ability to be a hands-on leader;
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgement and decision making on financial, business, organizational and human resource issues;
- Be sales and growth orientated, with the ability to drive strategies around sales and marketing; and
- Persuasive and understands how to engage and lead others through change and inspire advancement.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, Optimum Talent requires your consent to provide you with information via email that is relevant to you. This may include electronic communications regarding job opportunities that you are pursuing. Please click the following link in order to access and complete our online subscription form on the homepage of our website: http://www.optimumtalent.com/
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ANLI-344573 Chief Executive Officer – KV Private Equity - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.