Chief Executive Officer | Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario
Founded in 1993, Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario is a non-profit housing organization that works to eliminate barriers to a better, healthier, more financially stable life for low income families through equity gained through access to safe, affordable housing. Heartland operates in the counties of Middlesex, Oxford, Elgin, Perth, Brant and Norfolk
As an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity Canada, Heartland works with corporate and individual donors and volunteers to give families a hand up, not a handout. Habitat ReStores, their retail social enterprise, sells quality new and used donated household and building materials, which helps to offset operational costs and maximize the organization’s social impact.
For further information about Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario, please visit their website at: https://habitat4home.ca/
Reporting to the Board of Directors and in partnership with the Board, staff, partner families and other stakeholders, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) ensures that the organization fulfills its mission of mobilizing volunteers and community partners in providing safe, affordable housing and promoting homeownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty.
We are seeking the Head of an Organization that will see the bigger picture, keep a larger view and maintain the plan that will be guided and strengthened by the “neck” of the strong leadership team we currently have in place.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Provides strong day-to-day values-based and inspirational leadership;
- Oversees the operations of the organization and its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Promotes a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, rewards productivity and ensures safety in all operations for both staff and volunteers;
- Strengthens the non-profit, donor driven organization and help create a culture of philanthropy;
- Works with other Habitat Affiliates and promotes shared services and helps strengthen the entire Habitat organization;
- Oversees donor relationships and makes one-on-one fund-raising solicitations where appropriate;
Marketing & Communications
- Delivers key messages to the media and develops relationships with journalists and media outlets;
- Oversees and delivers an effective organization-wide Communications strategy.
- Ensures that the organization is a reliable source of information about affordable housing issues; and
- Leads the development of a Strategic Plan for approval by the Board and successfully implements the corresponding annual operating plans, capital plans and other supporting initiatives;
- Oversees design, delivery, quality and ongoing innovation of programs and services;
- Ensures the consistent collection, analyses and strategic evaluation of information that is used to make decisions and/or measures the success of the organization’s program efforts and refines or changes programs in response to that information;
- Ensures the integrity of the Corporation’s internal control and management systems;
Board Support and Governance
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the organization’s Board Committees to advise and support the committee members;
- Supports operations and administration of the Board by advising and informing Board members and interfacing between Board, staff and Habitat Canada;
- Meets regularly and as required with the Chair to review material issues, ensuring the Chair is provided with relevant and timely information;
- The Chief Executive Officer will be joining an organization that is well positioned for substantial growth through leveraging the various programs and services to residents within the Heartland Ontario area.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field; and
- A master’s degree will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years’ senior leadership experience;
- Proven financial and business acumen;
- Experience in the non-profit sector;
- Track record of success within a complex, multi-stakeholder environment;
- Proven experience building successful relationships with community leaders in government, industry, and not for profit sectors;
- Experience reporting to and working with a Board of Directors;
- Network of connections in industries such as land acquisition, government, construction and banking; and
- Entrepreneurial in approach with a natural comfort for business development.
Competencies and Attributes:
Communication: Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner.
Motivating: Encourages others by creating enthusiasm, a feeling of investment and a desire to excel.
Interpersonal Understanding & Sensitivity: Displays concern and respect for individuals’ feelings and opinions.
Visioning: Thinks broadly and investigates a wide range of alternatives in developing a vision for the future.
Impact: Has presence and commands respect.
Integrity & Sincerity: Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: HRCCCanada.GBS.TorontoES@ajg.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AIHP-883562 Chief Executive Officer | Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario - ON- London (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.