Chief Executive Officer – Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation
Located in Edmonton, Alberta, the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital is the largest free-standing, tertiary rehabilitation centre in Canada. The Hospital offers services to both children and adults on an in-patient, out-patient, day-patient and outreach basis. Opened in 1964, the facility has developed an international reputation for excellence in rehabilitation. As an academic teaching hospital, the Glenrose improves the health, well-being, and abilities of patients and offers highly specialized assessment, treatment, consultation and technology services and participates in numerous research and educative initiatives. In addition, the Hospital provides mental health and psychiatric services for children and seniors, as well as cardiac rehabilitation for adults.
Governed by a passionate and dedicated volunteer Board of Trustees, the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation raises funds in support of enhanced patient care, research, innovation and education at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital.
Vision – Enhancing patient care and embracing the vision of the GRH as a world-class rehabilitation facility that will keep the GRH at the forefront of rehabilitative care.
Mission -The Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation was created specifically to enhance the exceptional care the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital delivers to patients. Our goal is to raise funds that fuel innovative research and education, as well as acquire advanced equipment and technology. Our investments – donor investments – give patients, their families and staff an array of tools to help them positively shape their futures.
For more information on the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation, please visit: www.glenrosefoundation.com.
|Job Title:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Reports to:||Board of Trustees|
The Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation (“GRHF”) seeks a strategic CEO who wants the opportunity to disrupt a traditional business model and whose innovative capacity and skills has the ability to take the Foundation to the next level.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and inspiring individual who is motivated by the challenge of leading an organization through exponential growth. They will be someone energized by the thought of creating a significant shift in the direction and approach of the entire fundraising ecosystem and motivated to change people’s lives through funding innovation in rehabilitative medicine.
This individual must possess a strong passion for community and be dedicated to the purpose of the GRHF. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in visionary thinking, operational execution and change management, as well as an ability to develop and communicate a vision for the future while delivering on measurable long-term results.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the CEO will lead a successful team, cultivate relationships with donors and partners, and enhance the Foundation’s brand and reputation while building a strong internal culture. With a recently approved strategic plan and governance model, the Board is ready to champion the next CEO to take the Foundation to the next phase of its role in giving, educating and leading in rehabilitative care in Canada.
- Collaborate with the Board of Trustees to develop a transformative strategic pathway that puts the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation on the national stage for investment in rehabilitation innovation.
- Accountable to the Board of Trustees for execution of the strategic and operational deliverables that are determined in partnership annually.
- Develop and implement comprehensive operational strategies that do not rely upon traditional charitable giving and introduce business development concepts not commonly used in the sector.
- Drive the creation and exploration of opportunities to advance, and potentially monetize for further investment, new rehabilitative technologies, programs, and services with new and existing stakeholders locally, nationally and internationally.
- Curate and implement innovative strategic funding requests from the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital, or other partners, that align with the direction of the Foundation and its aggressive growth strategy.
- Develop a comprehensive financial strategy that ensures exponential organizational growth and sustainability. Drive the financial results of the GRHF ensuring the revenue goals are being met through a successful and comprehensive fund development program ensuring the financial health and sustainability of the Foundation.
- Ensure the GRHF has a repository of reliable donor data supported by a comprehensive donor relationship management strategy that is responsive to the needs of every donor – from $10 to $10 million.
- Launch creative marketing and social engagement campaigns that bring the GRHF to a national audience and starts a two-way discussion with potential donors and partners. This approach will not only increase giving, but at the same time build our understanding of the donor giving landscape.
- Provide positive, empowering leadership for staff while creating a culture of innovation, accountability and achievement, while balancing the role as a passionate ambassador and liaison with site stakeholders, patients and families.
- Provide strategic support to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees, various committees and all volunteers associated with the Foundation.
- The Chief Executive Officer will be working with the best and brightest in research and development in the rehabilitation services community. Projects are both provincial, national and international in nature and will provide an incredible opportunity to connect world-wide.
- The incoming Chief Executive Officer will partner with an aligned, well-governed Board of Trustees seeking a new type of leader who thrives in an environment of change, pace and growth.
- The successful candidate will be comfortable getting hands-on with the team, utilizing innovative thinking and creativity initiating new strategies for fundraising.
Opportunities and Challenges
- The Chief Executive Officer will be joining an organization that is well positioned for substantial growth through leveraging the services, technology, and specialized care the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital provides to residents in Western Canada.
- With the full support of the Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive Officer will be given the flexibility to create innovative change to the GRHF operations that will assist in the execution of the strategic plan and increase the fundraising potential for the organization.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Trustees to formalize and execute upon the newly developed strategic plan for GRHF.
- Create strategic partnerships, internally and externally, that furthers the vision of putting the rehabilitation research and development of GRHF on the national scene.
- Generate strategic initiatives to elevate the overall performance of the GRHF and position the organization for substantial and sustainable long-term growth.
- Create a shared vision amongst site leaders around all that is possible when one leverages philanthropic investment in support of rehabilitative excellence.
- Act as an ambassador for the GRHF and Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital; one who engages and builds rapport with the internal employee base, site leadership, Board of Trustees, and external stakeholders and donors.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Business Development: The successful candidate will have significant years of progressive leadership experience in growing businesses and the oversight required to lead the successful expansion of infrastructure and human capital.
- Customer Relationship Management: A proven track record of stakeholder relations with a proven ability to build collaborations, partnerships, and relationships. Demonstrated success in breathing life into the mission, vision, values, of an organization that captivate, engage and motivate to action, employees, stakeholders and customers equally.
- Financial Management: History of owning the risk of financial loss for an organization. Ensuring the decisions made to support innovation and growth do not come at the expense of financial stability or longevity.
- Crisis Management: These are uncertain times – the health care and social giving sector is constantly evolving. The candidate will have experience navigating critical events and stakeholder activism.
Competencies and Attributes
- Strategic Mindset: A nimble and resourceful learner that cultivates innovation.
- Decision Quality & Insight: Continuously paying attention to and being able to reimagine rehabilitation innovation and the donor experience and successfully adapting strategies as these evolve.
- Courage: Willing to push the boundaries of traditional fundraising, accepting the inherent ambiguity of a growth strategy to take the organization to a new level.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organization with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for the GRHF.
- Confident: Being comfortable with conflict that is inherent in being a champion of an idea or course of action. Meeting tough situations head-on to constructively resolve them. Saying what needs to be said at the right time, to the right person, in the right manner to effect change.
- Innovative: Willing to take a new approach to any situation while being able to actively evaluate and balance risk and reward.
- Community Minded: An active community focused individual that demonstrates through their actions the importance of social responsibility and giving back.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ATKN-288374 Chief Executive Officer – Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.