Chief Executive Officer | Alberta Society of Radiologists
The Alberta Society of Radiologists (ASR) is a not-for-profit society that was incorporated in April of 1957. The organization represents 92% of the full time radiologists and radiology residents in the Province of Alberta. The Alberta Society of Radiologists is a voluntary professional organization.
- 487 Radiologists are licensed in our province by the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- 5 million tests are handled by those Radiologists every year.
- 125+ community clinics make access to radiology fast and easy.
- 1 hour or less is the typical wait time for radiology results in Edmonton and Calgary emergency rooms.
- 14-15 years of post-secondary training is required to become a medical doctor (MD) specialized in Radiology.
Albertans enjoy some of the best around-the-clock radiology service in Canada, provided by Radiologists who live and work in Alberta and know your doctors.
Website link: https://getthewholepicture.ca/
|Reports to:||Executive Council|
|Direct Reports:||4: Executive Director, Chief Technology Officer, Continuing Medical Education and Events Coordinator, and Office Manager|
|Indirect Reports:||6: Data Centre & Staff|
Reporting to the Executive Council, the Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the successful leadership, performance outcomes, and operations of the Association, in alignment with the strategy set by the Executive Council and guidance of the general membership. The Chief Executive Officer also represents the ASR within the medical community and the general public to advance the advocacy objectives and the role of radiologists.
The Chief Executive Officer’s priorities are to:
- Support the Executive Council through open and frequent communication;
- Ensure efficient and effective management of the organization in coordination with the Executive Council and President;
- Ensure commitments are met with respect to the breast imaging and intervention program, in coordination with the Vice President, Breast Imaging and Interventions, and other programs as entered by the Society or the Section of Diagnostic Imaging and AMA;
- Maintain responsiveness to members; and
- Use membership funding responsibly and transparently pursuant to the objectives set by the Executive Council.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Engage with the Executive Council in annual and long-term strategic planning with responsibility for the execution of the strategic and operational plan;
- Ensure the Executive Council are provided the information and support required to be effective in their role, including planning and execution of all meetings;
- Provide proactive, timely, open and transparent communication to the Executive Council, as well as key stakeholders; and
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue with the Executive Council regarding industry shifts, legislative changes, and performance measured against key strategic priorities, recalibrating as needed to achieve stated goals,
- Partner with the Executive Council to maintain or increase membership through high value services and programs;
- Ensure financial accountability and effective stewardship of the organization;
- Provide leadership and mentorship to direct reports through establishing, implementing, and monitoring goals and metrics;
- Build and motivate a team of leaders who are committed to the success of the ASR, and who feel empowered to think independently yet work collaboratively in support of the mission;
- Establish succession planning and the continuous growth of internal capacity and leadership development as a strategic priority;
- Ensure that the appropriate structures and teams are in place, so internal operations run smoothly and efficiently and that organizational dollars are utilized effectively; and
- Develop and foster superb working relationships with internal staff, cultivating an environment of encouragement and positivity.
- Ensure the ASR operates in a cost-effective manner while still maintaining the highest standards of quality;
- Provide general oversight of all operational activities, including the management of the Breast Imaging and Intervention Program, ranging from staffing to quality assurance in the data centre;
- Assure program quality and organizational stability through the development and implementation of standards, controls, systems, procedures, and regular operational evaluations; and
- Maintain service terms of the contract with the ABCSP, ensuring that the ASR meets its responsibilities;
- Oversee the delivery of Continuing Medical Education events, including the development of the annual plan and relevant budget.
- Take a leadership role in advocacy activities related to the interests of the membership of ASR; and
- Represent the ASR with stakeholders, educational bodies, and the public.
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with key partners inside and outside of the organization;
- Work with the President and fees group to organize and effective, professional strategy for upcoming fee-for-service rate review processes;
- Establish and implement standard talent management practices including developing role profiles, position expectations, and performance metrics;
- Reinforce existing governance structures and assist the Board and Executive Council in furthering their governance-level succession planning activities; and
- Lead the successful implementation of the new Alberta Breast Cancer Screening Program contract.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Graduate degree in a related field such as Business, Communications, or Public Administration.
- Certification as a Health Executive, Association Executive or Board Director is an asset.
- Understanding of governance, Board/Council/CEO relations, and working within a complex multi-stakeholder organization;
- A focus on adding and creating value; a leader with proven ability to work with, and influence groups and associations toward achievement of a common goal; and
- Experience as a leader within a membership-driven association is an asset.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Financial Acumen – demonstrated executive-level acumen in responsibly overseeing the finances of an organization.
- Strategic Thinking – Keeps the big picture in mind, including associated risks, when developing plans to allow ASR to meet objectives.
- Member Orientation – Solutions oriented with a focus on what is possible. Anticipates membership needs and is responsive to issues.
- Public Speaking – Comfortable acting as the public face of an organization and delivering a message consistent with its goals. Thinks “on their feet”.
- Communication – Actively listens in order to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences. Demonstrates an articulate and inspiring approach.
- Decision Quality – Makes good and timely decisions, sometimes with limited information, that keeps the organization moving forward. Uses data to inform decisions, particularly when managing competing and conflicting priorities.
- Builds Effective Teams – Builds strong and collaborative teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Bias for Action – Has a sense of urgency around meeting deliverables, and seeks opportunities to stretch beyond established expectations.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
The Alberta Society of Radiologists is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and is essential to service excellence. The Alberta Society of Radiologists welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with the provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Gallagher and the Alberta Society of Radiologists throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: HRCCCanada.GBS.EdmontonPIES@ajg.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AUAJ-874606 Chief Executive Officer | Alberta Society of Radiologists - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.