Canadian Western Bank – Senior AVP & Branch Manager
CWB Financial Group (CWB) is on a mission to becoming a disruptive force in Canadian banking. CWB target clients are small and medium-sized business owners. CWB is a proactive partner focused on helping clients to succeed. Caring, nimble and specialized, CWB is transforming to deliver a proactive client experience! Transformation is focused on creating value for their clients, their people and investors by being the best full-service bank for business owners in Canada!
CWB’s Commercial team includes a diverse group of banking professionals who strive every single day to achieve strong results for the bank and their clients. The team of designated commercial banking professionals know and understand the value of relationship building and brings a perfect combination of stewardship, client support and financial expertise to the table. Proactive client solutions, outstanding service support, insightful consultations and financial advise are ways in which CWB commercial banking team support their clients to reach their personal and business dreams!
As a strong force in its Prairies region, CWB’s Regina and Yorkton branches have their own identity. Located in the heart of downtown Regina, our team has an established presence in the community. They know their neighborhood and are proud to be part of it! Their tight knit team shows their support in many ways; fundraising and active participation with charity events is evidence of their dedication to the community. Yorkton Branch also upholds strong values and shines as a personal banking focused team. The leader of these diverse teams needs to be an advocate for their unique connectivity.
CWB Financial Group welcomes all applicants! CWB is specifically seeking diversity in this role, because at CWB they believe that inclusion has power, and the bank is looking for unique perspectives to add to this area of their business. CWB has a culture that thrives on idea-sharing, collaboration, respect, caring and camaraderie.
You can learn more about Canadian Western Bank on their web-site: https://www.cwbank.com/en/about-us
Job Title: Senior AVP and Branch Manager Regina and Yorkton, Saskatchewan
Reports to:Senior Vice President and Regional General Manager
The primary focus of the AVP & Branch Manager is to provide leadership to the branch teams, minimize risk while balancing the ability to increase business and delivering on strategic objectives:
People – lead, recruit, mentor, coach, develop and engage high performing employees – investing in & empowering CWB’s most strategic assets.
Clients – deliver a proactive, personalized & specialized client experience that is consistent and seamless across channels and businesses.
Investors– make the most effective use of resources, opportunities and capabilities for profitable balanced growth in all industries and segments.
It is fundamental that the leader for these diverse teams be an advocate for and example of connectivity both within the groups and their larger communities. This will mean being a ‘culture leader’, one that has inclusivity top of mind!
- Authorized loans up to $900M
- Deposit Balance up to $600M
- Up to 40 employees
- Up to $1Bn in assets under management
- Includes Mutual Fund portfolio
- Accept responsibility and accountability for actions and results.
- Inspire trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically in all dealings.
- Treat all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and support an environment where people can contribute and excel
- Provide coaching, mentoring and guidance to all direct and indirect reports within Regina and Yorkton branches.
- Promote cooperation and commitment within the CWB Group towards the attainment of common goals enabling proactive group interactions.
- Effectively communicate the organizational and Branch specific strategic plans.
- Prepare and lead regular meetings to communicate progress of branch goals and objective.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that contribute to working effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Take an active role in supporting leadership team in defining and working through personal development goals for all associates within Regina and Yorkton locations.
- Preparation and effective delivery of the annual Performance Appraisals for each direct report.
- Work with internal bank resources to identify training opportunities; internal and external
MARKET ENGAGEMENT & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT-
- Develop and implement a business development program and strategy to achieve asset growth as per agreed targets.
- Understand opportunities to grow existing and attract new business for the branch.
- Provide direction and support as required to the Manager, Retail Banking in the development and implementation of a marketing strategy to achieve targeted business growth for complete retail offering.
- Provide coaching and guidance to direct reports to deliver on organizational mission and determined branch targets to existing and prospective clients.
- Develop and maintain regular branch activities to ensure effective client contact is maintained to develop relationships and identify client needs are being met.
- Represent the CWB brand at various private and public functions and take every opportunity to enhance the Bank’s image.
- Act as a subject matter expert within the Regina – Yorkton market corridor, and advocate for branch needs with various resources within the Regional and Corporate structure.
CREDIT UNDERWRITING & RISK MANAGEMENT-
- Provide leadership and guidance on credit requests ensuring applications exhibit quality risk assessment and analysis as well as appropriate pricing in line with defined credit policies and procedures.
- Recommend credit requests in excess of assigned lending authority to the Regional Leadership & Credit Risk Management, as appropriate.
- Maximize account profitability through equitable but fair pricing policies.
- Ensure the delegation of assigned limits to other staff is aligned with their credit adjudication abilities.
- Implement programs and procedures to ensure the branch’s administration is functioning effectively and complies with applicable policies & regulatory requirements in all areas of the branch.
- Responsible for the ongoing assessment of risk and maintaining the quality of the loan portfolio within the Regina & Yorkton branches.
- Ensure the safety of the Bank’s funds through proper loan portfolio management with focus on loan quality and security requirements with the branches.
- Utilize data and available information to minimize loan and revenue loss experienced, through implementation of programs and procedures to identify and manage problem loans.
- Ensure interest rates and fee-based revenues are appropriately established.
- Ensure new proposals and requests by clients are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare and monitor monthly and quarterly reports including branch non-interest expenses (NIE).
- Ensure timely and consistent follow-up for account reviews.
- Ensure all internal and external compliance targets are met.
CHALLENGES, OPPORTUNITIES & KEY DELIVERABLES
CWB is recognized as one of 50 Best Workplace in Canada!
CWB doesn’t leave culture to chance. Their investment in people is purposeful!
Your voice matters! Help CWB shape its voice around important social & cultural matters.
Make a difference! No miles of red tape here. Build a team. Make an impact. Put your mark on the CWB landscape.
Community giving! Drive economic prosperity in your community.
Learning culture! Gain knowledge through CWB’s vast in-house learning and development offerings, collaboration opportunities and tangible continuous improvement movement.
Organization wide career coaching services! Strategic career design is something CWB works hard to deliver for all its employees.
Flexible work arrangements! Make work make sense for you and your family, especially now.
Physical health and mental fitness are priorities! Generous time away to practice self-care with 100% company paid benefit and support programs.
Company ownership! The knowledge and opportunity to impact the bottom line and be rewarded for it. Everyday.
Key business deliverables:
- Facilitate market awareness and productive relationships with local business and professional community.
- Strong, profitable portfolio growth in business and retail lending products.
- Measurable, profitable growth in full-service client relationships, inclusive of corresponding levels of banking fee income and wealth management assets under management.
- Sound risk management and operational practices demonstrated through solid credit performance and continuous compliance with parameters of CWB’s operational and regulatory risk appetite / policies / procedures.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 10+ years of banking with previous leadership and coaching experience
- Proven experience in business development specific to relationship management and sales
- Extensive lending experience
- Demonstrates capacity to lead and implement a strategic business plan and seizing opportunities for growth
- Strong knowledge of fiscal management and responsibility
- Sound understanding of risk management
- Proven analytical skills in assessing risk
- Strong business development focus
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically and plan effectively
- A management style that is open, collaborative yet results-oriented, and respects the capabilities and independence of peers and direct reports
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- An ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously and to thrive, with grace and humour, under pressure
- A positive agent for change
- Strong interpersonal and effective leadership skills, with a focus on mentoring and motivation an employee base of professionals
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ALGW-351727 Canadian Western Bank – Senior AVP & Branch Manager - SK - Regina (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.