Chief Executive Officer – Canadian Advanced ESP Inc
Canadian Advanced ESP Inc. (CAESP) is a privately-held manufacturing, engineering and service solution company providing Electric Submersible and Surface Horizontal Pumping Systems to the global oil & gas and geothermal industry.
CAESP supplies all equipment and services associated with Electric Submersible Pump Systems (ESP) for artificial lift applications, Horizontal Pumping Systems for a variety of surface high pressure applications and innovative Variable Frequency Generator Systems. These pumping systems, coupled with their Innovative Surface Equipment and an Advanced Monitoring Technology (AMT) system, provide state of the art technology to the oil and gas industry.
The organization is dedicated to creating high quality, innovative, safe and environmentally sound solutions by applying advanced state of the art technologies, strict quality management and superior engineering capabilities. CAESP is certified to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001: 2015, OHSAS 18001:2007 and COR standards.
The company headquarters and main manufacturing, assembly and testing facility is based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
For further information about CAESP, please visit their website at www.cai-esp.com
Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: Chairman of the Board of Directors
Direct Reports: 5 – 6. Operations Manager; Domestic Sales Manager; VP International Sales; Finance Director; Chief Technical Engineer and Marketing Manager
Indirect Reports: 42
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reporting to the Chairman of the Board, the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) will be responsible for leading operations in five locations: Edmonton, Alberta (head office, sales and services); Calgary, Alberta (sales); Estevan, Saskatchewan (Sales & Service); Reutlingen, Germany (Sales Support); and Kuwait (Sales). The successful candidate will be afforded the outstanding opportunity of taking an organization with huge potential through a period of transformational change. Overseeing four executive team members, the CEO will steward the vision and strategic plan, ensuring CAESP utilizes the resources of the corporation in the most effective manner to enhance shareholder value.
Specifically, the CEO will be responsible for sustainably moving the organization forward by expanding operations, finding efficiencies, and seeking new opportunities- both domestically and internationally. After a period of assessment and evaluation, the CEO, with the approval of the Chairman, will develop and clearly articulate the organization’s plan to execute on strategy in a manner that generate excitement, alignment, enthusiasm and commitment to action. Key elements of success that must be maintained in future growth strategies are: organizational success via increased revenues and increased client base, financial success through active cash management, a culture of continuous improvement and an increase in measurable accountability.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Lead the existing executive team to refine and/or develop and implement CAESP’s strategic plan and expand its geography and client-base with a goal of meeting established revenue objectives;
- Evaluate existing KPIs, and if applicable, recommend new KPIs, in order to realize goals set out in a refined strategic growth plan;
- Employ a professional, systematic, analytical approach to identifying and analyzing opportunities and objectively pursue a plan that is in the best interest of meeting CAESP’s key objectives;
- Set priorities and allocate capital to these priorities;
- Promote programs and services that are produced in a cost-effective manner while maintaining an acceptable level of quality;
- Oversee the development & implementation of a comprehensive sales & marketing plan in order to broaden and deepen the client base, serve new geographies, establish new service offerings, and support the strategy to grow revenue;
- Assure program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards, controls, systems and procedures, all with regular evaluation;
- Continuously monitor the supply chain and undertake appropriate actions whenever necessary;
- Maintain high level relationships with the CAESP’s customer base, and continuously seek to build new business relationships in existing service areas;
- Transform operational performance resulting in strong brand recognition in both existing and new markets;
- Oversee foreign operations, including the evaluation of operating and financial performance;
- Lead initiatives to identify and explore acquisition and merger opportunities; and
- Utilize strong change management skills to gain buy-in for a clear and compelling image of what the organization must become.
Financial Leadership & Corporate Governance
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve superior financial performance including revenue, EBITDA, gross margin, return on investment, asset allocation, cost control and overall profitability;
- Focus on operational and financial excellence to maintain and grow CAESP’s margins and market share in the current environment;
- Enhance the use of financial analysis to better manage the business;
- Oversee the fiscal activities of the company including budgeting, reporting and auditing;
- Collaborate with the Board to ensure financing to support short-term and long-term goals;
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions;
- Keep the Board fully informed on the performance of the company and on all important factors influencing performance;
- Minimizing financial, commercial and legal risk exposure;
- Present company reports at Board of Directors meetings and Annual Shareholders meeting; and
- Ensure the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitor compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Assess, utilize and leverage the strengths and skills of the current leadership team and build on their success;
- Collaborate with the team to establish vision, and achieve defined goals;
- Work with the management team to define the desired culture, model the behavior, and establish policies, and processes that support the development of the desired culture;
- Promote strategic human resources initiatives including engagement, career development, and safety; and
- Evaluate performance of team and individuals based on overall performance and achievement of results.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Ability to deliver on the clear vision of CAESP;
- Realize financial improvements when comparing 2018 to 2019;
- Expand international footprint;
- Execute on the existing organization strategy;
- Identify and build process improvement roadmap in relation to operational excellence (i.e. discipline in workshops; upskilling technicians and quality of products); and
- Develop a Marketing Plan backed by Solid business case.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or similar;
- MBA preferred;
- 15+ years of executive leadership;
- Change management experience;
- Proven success managing positive financial performance in the cyclical Energy industry;
- Experience in executing a growth-oriented strategic plan within an organization of similar P&L and with comparable scope, scale and complexity;
- Previous leadership success in a geographically diverse multi-location service organization;
- Experience utilizing business development/client development techniques that result in geographically diverse sales growth;
- Expertise in contract analysis and general negotiation;
- Proven skills in formulating policy and developing and implementing new policies and procedures;
- Experience utilizing a coaching leadership style;
- Previous success in identifying and securing funding/revenue sources; and
- Demonstrated experience of utilizing superior professional and practical business acumen.
Competencies & Attributes
- A strategic and visionary leader with strong financial background adaptable to corporate and field environments;
- A change agent capable of clearly defining and reinforcing corporate objectives throughout the Company, including operational process improvements that are supportive of the long-term strategic plan;
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to establish clear priorities and expectations;
- A demonstrated and ongoing commitment to professional development in leadership, strategy development and/or management;
- Ability to collaborate with a Board of Directors and an established executive infrastructure; and
- A role model of vision, standards of professionalism, and leadership within a high performing team.
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:APFM-871460 Chief Executive Officer – Canadian Advanced ESP Inc - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.