Business Development Manager, Northeastern USA – Skjodt-Barrett
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Northeastern USA. This is a home office based role requiring travel within Eastern US and occasionally to Canada.
In this newly created role, the Business Development Manager will be mandated to initiate new business opportunities and leverage existing relationships with further processors in the custom ingredients category. Possessing strong relationship management skills, the successful candidate will ideally have a strong understanding of flavor or ingredient products such as fruit filling, caramel, drizzles or marinades or be able to leverage related offerings to create new opportunities with targeted customer groups. The role will focus on the Eastern US and allow for the flexibility to work in a home office with occasional travel to Skjodt-Barrett locations in Brampton, Ontario and Lebanon, Indiana.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Primary focus will be to develop new customer opportunities within selected markets that are customer specific
- Manage some of our existing customers to ensure we deliver our plan as well as exceed our customer expectations
- Strong negotiating skills and identifying current customer / market trends will be essential to deliver solid results for the organization
- Business to business development with cold calls targeting desirable companies
- Participate in monthly / annual planning and forecasting processes to assist the company in identifying future business growth opportunities
- Prepare and conduct product presentations, business reviews and ideation sessions with existing and potentially new key accounts
- Ensure effective communication internally and externally as well as updating our sales performance software on a regular basis
- Participate in industry tradeshows as required
- Travel is required (approximately 15% of the allocated time)
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Have become immersed in the company “language”. Understand basic costing and flow of decision making and interactions among various departments and key stakeholders
- An indication of business development potential activities represented through net new meetings with fresh and untapped accounts
- The initiation of anywhere between 3-5 in house projects that would have started and be considered viable business opportunities
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Possess a post-secondary education preferably in business or food related disciplines
- Have a minimum 3 years food industry selling experience in B2B, Retail and/or Foodservice developing opportunities through their R+D, Operations and Marketing departments. Sales experience selling flavour ingredients would be considered a definite asset
- A proven track record in securing new accounts and successfully delivering on sales objectives is essential
Competencies and Attributes
- Possess a great attitude that aligns with company culture. A proactive, positive disposition that is complimented by integrity and trust endearing qualities are considered paramount
- Must be resourceful with a track record of achieving sales objectives
- Strong project management skills effectively coordinating internal and external stakeholders throughout the selling cycle
- Superior planning and presentation skills. The comfort and confidence to adapt messaging based on the audience being served
- Ability to identify significant business opportunities with new and existing accounts
- Strong communication skills both internally and externally. The ability to work in a team environment is critical to the success of the individual
- Be self-motivated, independent with a passion for results and possess a real sense of urgency. The ultimate go-getter
- Computer literate in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, CRM as well as Microsoft Outlook functions
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ASMA-521432 Business Development Manager, Northeastern USA – Skjodt-Barrett - Northeastern USA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.