Brand & Channel Marketing Manager- Sheridan Nurseries
Sheridan Nurseries is Canada’s largest integrated garden centre retailer and grower. Based in the Greater Toronto Area, the company has over 375 hectares (930 acres) of land for growing plants and eight Garden Centres.
The company’s roots date back to 1913, when Sven Herman Stensson came to Canada after having served as Chief Gardener to the Count of Knuteborg in Denmark and began work as Nursery Manager in a start-up gardening supply business in the small Ontario town of Sheridan. More than 100 years later, the business he began working in remains privately family owned, maintaining the same high-quality standards set from its earliest days.
Forever innovative, Sheridan Nurseries has evolved. Today, their product offering expands well beyond garden products to include varieties of indoor and outdoor seasonal decorations, furniture, home décor and accents, as well as fashion and accessories. In addition, this multi-channeled business has a new Commercial Service offering that provides expert advice, installation and maintenance for plants and décor in offices, restaurants, hotels, retail and commercial businesses.
For more information on the incredible history of Sheridan Nurseries, visit:
The Company is also proud of its commitment to sustainability which resulted, for the fifth year running, in Sheridan being awarded the “Canada’s Greenest Employers” designation. The Company has also been named of one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed Private Companies”, as well as receiving numerous other industry awards.
Job Title:Brand & Channel Marketing Manager
Reports to:Vice President, Merchandising and Marketing
Direct Reports: 2
Reporting to the VP, Merchandising and Marketing, the Brand & Channel Marketing Manager is a key leader on the Sheridan Marketing Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing the Garden Centre business by strengthening the Sheridan Nurseries Brand and executing innovative consumer programs, as well as growing the Nursery business by partnering with the Sales team to increase share of wholesale, retail and business-to-business Nursery channels.
- Manages and develops all brand communication (including website copy), social media content & deploys impactful advertising creative campaigns across all business channels.
- Leads all consumer facing programs, promotions, contests, messaging, etc.
- Supports sales efforts to grow share in Nursery Wholesale, Retail and Business-To-Business Channels.
- Works closely with Product Category Managers to ensure Marketing strategies are reflected within the category strategies and vice versa.
- Oversees planning, development and communication of the marketing calendar for all channels.
- Provides customer insights & market trends to be used for continuous improvement.
- Builds brand standards documentation and usage guidelines, functioning as the “keeper” of our brand.
- Is the champion for all creative assets and development of all media strategies.
- Manages the Marketing agency, print and media vendors.
- Measures all marketing programs against industry and internal KPIs.
- Manages all marketing for trade shows, store special events and internal meetings.
- Manages existing and new Sheridan private label products and programs, including product specifications and packaging.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Builds a high-performance environment that attracts, develops, and retains top talent.
- Partners with the Marketing Services Manager; providing all creative assets to implement the brand communication plan.
CANDIDATE PROFILE & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree or related education in marketing or communications.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing, digital & social media & influencer marketing.
- Experience in Retail is an asset.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, metrics, and analysis.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Honed analytical and budgeting skills.
- Excellent creativity, copywriting, and marketing communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Entrepreneurial and customer focused attitude.
- Ability to work well across the organization and with 3rd parties.
- Able to accommodate relatively heavy travel schedule, primarily within North America
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES
- Expansion & growth of channels
- Improved marketing assets and collateral consistent with brand strategy to support sales team across all channels
- New look in Garden Centers including but not limited to: signage, digital flyers, social media
- Development & execution of media plan/spending with measurable ROI
- Expansion of Private Label offering
- Leverage and expand newly launched e-commerce offering & platform
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AANC-064212 Brand & Channel Marketing Manager- Sheridan Nurseries - ON- Georgetown (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.