Branch Manager – Surrey | First Truck Centre
First Truck Centre is Canada’s first and longest standing DTNA Elite support certified group of facilities in Canada. Representing brands like Freightliner, Western Star, Autocar and Thomas Built Bus, First Truck believes in providing total customer support. With 13 locations across Western Canada, First Truck Centre, has been providing premier services to their customers for over 40 years.
First Truck Centre connects people across North America so they can gather as a family, have the essentials of life, learn and grow… together. They are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed companies seven years in a row, a reflection of their commitment and loyalty to their employees and customers alike. With the longest operating hours in the business and an emphasis on 24-hour throughput, their team is ready to support their customers whenever the need arises.
First Truck Centre’s mission is to evolve as a growing, profitable, and sustainable enterprise, through which everyone they touch has the opportunity to work, to grow and to prosper.
Their vision guides everything they do – they focus on supporting you by providing an easy way to do business. Their Service, Body Shop and Parts Departments provide you with knowledgeable support through their in-person and on-line support systems. First Truck Centre strives to cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and are routinely solicited by their OEM, Daimler Trucks North America, to pilot internal corporate programs such as the game-changing Elite Support program.
For further information about First Truck Centre, please visit their website at https://www.firsttruck.ca/
|Reports to:||Regional General Manager|
|7: Service Manager, Body Shop Manager, Fleet Sales Manager, Parts Manager, Controller, Sales Manager and Administration|
The Branch Manager oversees the day–to-day operations for the Surrey, BC location. Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the Branch Manager is responsible for leading and mentoring the six business units: Sales, Parts, Service, Body Shop, Shipping and Administration. The Branch Manager will oversee all branch activities including branch staffing and delegating duties as necessary to accomplish organizational goals.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned leader with experience developing and managing a large team in the heavy equipment industry and working with unionized employees. The Branch Manager will achieve success through exhibiting exceptional leadership, fostering the company’s award winning culture and demonstrating a commitment to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Continuously seek new ways to streamline processes for operational efficiency and excellence;
- Participate in annual strategic planning to ensure the Surrey branch is operating in alignment with the overall strategy;
- Work with other senior leaders within the region to develop a total customer support strategy for a shared customer base; and
- Interact, plan, and strategize with other departments to ensure operations are meeting and exceeding goals.
- Create and manage Profit & Loss statements;
- Execute branch sales strategy by sourcing and qualifying new leads, developing workforce solutions, and pricing and closing orders;
- Handle multi-million dollar annual revenue through developing detailed budgets by departments and dealership overall; and
- Strategically create and manage internal KPI’s specific to the growth of the organization.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the branch and assist with hands-on processes as needed;
- Handle complaints, settle disputes, negotiate, and resolve grievances and conflicts;
- Create a culture of safety by conducting site visits and meeting with our customers and temporary job seekers;
- Proactively take actions to contribute to a safer workplace for their people;
- Lead by example to engage employees and improve morale; and
- Provide educated guidance to senior management team on the direction of the department.
- Join Western Canada’s Premier Freightliner & Western Star heavy truck dealership and they continue to grow across western Canada;
- First Truck has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed companies seven years in a row; and
- Join a company that believes they benefit from healthy, happy communities and who regularly donates to local causes that directly affect the communities they serve.
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build trusting, open, collaborative and respectful relationships throughout the organization with employees, vendors and customers;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization and the services provided;
- Develop a detailed department specific budget for the dealership;
- Create and manage internal KPI’s specific to enabling growth of the organization;
- Collaborate annually with other senior leaders within the region to develop a total customer support strategy for shared customer base that aligns with the organizations KPI’s; and
- Begin to articulate a vision for branch to senior management.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of successful Branch Manager experience;
- Experience within a unionized environment is required;
- Track record of successfully leading employees through the entire performance management process;
- Prior experience managing in people in the heavy equipment industry is an asset; and
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Business and Financial Acumen: Understands key business fundamentals, understands the drivers of financial health and accountability of the organization and takes responsibility to maintain its ongoing fiscal soundness.
- Collaborative: Fosters an environment with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment where everyone understands the power of one and the how they contribute to achieving the overall goals for the organization.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization and with customers.
- Continuous Improvement: An attitude and approach to thinking is to actively seek out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. Mindset where you ask critical questions, innovate and seek continuous improvement.
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. This heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Develops Talent: Develops the team to meet both their career goals and the organizations goals. Creates pools of people ready and willing to take on new challenges and step up when needed.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for First Truck.
- Flexible: Pays attention to the circumstance and adjusts accordingly. Demonstrates ability to be nimble and responsive to external factors impacting business success.
- Relationship Builder: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both parties. Good relationships are the key to getting things done and are essential when your success is dependent on others.
- Strategic Leadership: Fosters the development of a common vision providing clear direction and priorities and clarifying roles and responsibilities. Sets the tone for the organizations culture and ensures succession in management and leadership. Leads a dynamic, fast paced team that prospers within the unique company culture.
- Strategic Planning: Develops short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, creative, realistic and effective in meeting and exceeding goals and objectives and integrates planning efforts across functions.
First Truck Centre is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and is essential to service excellence. First Truck Centre welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with the provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Gallagher and First Truck Centre throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AUAH-753251 Branch Manager – Surrey | First Truck Centre - BC - Surrey (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.