Director – Total Rewards | Bombardier Recreational Products Inc.
BRP is a world leader in the powersports vehicle, propulsion system and marine industry. Its success is based on 80 years of ingenuity and customer focus. The company’s advanced and distinctive product line includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am off-road and on-road vehicles, Alumacraft, Manitou and Quintrex boats, Rotax marine propulsion systems, as well as Rotax engines for karts and recreational aircraft. BRP complements its product line with parts, accessories, and apparel to fully enhance the riding experience. With annual sales of C$7.6 billion from more than 120 countries, their global workforce is comprised of nearly 20,000 resourceful and motivated people. Given the pace of growth in the organization, BRP is looking to hire a: Director – Total Rewards
Reporting to the Vice President, Total Rewards, the Director – Total rewards will be responsible for overseeing BRP’s compensation strategy, programs, and annual processes. BRP is looking for a person with knowledge of broad-based and executive compensation in an international context (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific). He/she will be familiar with managing experts; he/she will be agile and effective in finding innovative and creative solutions. He/she will be able to take a critical look at the issues and challenges in his/her field of expertise, in the best interest of BRP, its employees and its stakeholders. His/her leadership style will be both engaging and hands on and will enjoy teamwork.
The position’s challenges are mostly growth driven. In this highly competitive labor market, the Director will work closely with the Vice-president, Total Rewards and a variety of internal stakeholders to define the total rewards strategic orientations and functional plan for the next years. The individual will be responsible to deploy and adapt the plan in light of BRP’s broad international presence and current business challenges. A high level of attention will need to be given to regions such as Mexico, United States and Canada.
- In partnership with the Vice-president Total Rewards, develop and articulate a Total Rewards philosophy that is periodically reviewed in light of the business opportunities and challenges.
- Drives the strategic development, design, implementation, communication, and compliance of all compensation programs to align with the company’s Total Rewards philosophy and business objectives.
- Identifies, develops, and delivers strategic compensation programs that meet and anticipate the internal needs of the organization while monitoring external trends in the marketplace.
- Partners with and consult with regional/divisional HR teams to ensure appropriate global alignment for all compensation and rewards, while addressing regional needs and adapting to local context as appropriate.
- Leads all broad-based compensation activities such as global benchmarking, salary increase processes (annual and off cycle), bonus calculation and communication.
- In partnership with the Vice-president Total Rewards, prepares materials for meetings of the Human Resources & Compensation Committee of the Board throughout the year.
- Manages executive compensation programs, including stock options plan, executive stock ownership guidelines and other executive policies.
- Works in collaboration with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition team and Hiring Managers to create competitive offer packages for key strategic executive hires.
- Keeps abreast of evolving global compensation trends, particularly as they relate to variable pay and performance-based equity plans and ensure that compensation programs are aligned and integrated with BRP’s overall talent strategy.
- Manages budget and relationships with external resources such as compensation consultants.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resources.
- 15 years of relevant HR/compensation experience in a similar role and business environment (manufacturing) and a proven experience in all aspects of the field.
- International experience and working in a publicly traded organization whose culture is characterized by performance and innovation.
- Ability to prepare and present impactful presentations to a variety of audiences
- Experience in executive compensation
- Experience managing a team of experienced and dynamic specialists
- Essential Skills:
- Analytical mindset and attention to details – analyzes compensation issues and situations and their impact on the business and its global network. Provides fact-based advice and forward thinking.
- Business and financial acumen – Able to embed business and financial context in compensation recommendations and insights
- Strategic thinking – insightful and thoughtful. Able to align compensation plans with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Customer focused – builds and delivers solutions for internal stakeholders that meet and exceed their needs.
- Results oriented – Manages performance, holding self and others accountable for effective completion of job responsibilities.
- Adaptability – Responds resourcefully and agilely to new challenges and demands.
- Bilingualism: English/French
- Knowledge of Spanish (an asset)
An Approach Grounded in Inclusion and Diversity
Throughout our search process, diversity and inclusion are a top priority. We are mindful of our use of language, ensuring candidates from diverse talent pools feel invited to apply and that biasing language is neutralized in our search profiles. We take extra care with our client’s market-facing documents, ensuring that your commitment to I&D is accurately captured and reflected.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AIXJ-267432 Director – Total Rewards | Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. - QC - Valcourt (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.