Leadbetter Foods- Director of Finance
Leadbetter Foods is a wholly owned subsidiary of Premium Brands Holding Corporation (PBH), one of the fastest growing food entities in North America. During the past 10 years, PBH has been on an aggressive growth path, partnering with talented proven entrepreneurs and providing them with the resources they need to transform their good food businesses into bigger great food businesses. PBH sales have grown from $200 Million in 2004 to over $3,6 Billion today.
Based in Orillia, ON, Leadbetter Foods was acquired by PBH in 2017 and, as part of the Belmont Meats platform, has experienced significant business growth and capital investment in that time. By leveraging a 90-year history and trusted local legacy with a more recent marketing focus on its highly recognized and unrivalled brands, the organization is now uniquely positioned to continue its growth and expansion through satisfied customers and increasingly profitable results.
Job Title:Director of Finance
Reports to:Vice-President & General Manager of Leadbetter Foods
Direct/Indirect Reports: 6
Location: Orillia, ON
The Director of Finance will be the critical figure in leading all aspects of financial and accounting activities which include budgeting and forecasting within the business. The incumbent will play a critical role as part of the Executive team at Leadbetter Foods including defining and implementing monitoring processes (KPI’s, operating metrics etc.) that will ensure the business has accurate and updated information to support strategy and growth as well as providing timely and accurate reporting of financial statements
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for full cycle accounting, ensuring that asset and liabilities of the company are properly controlled and managed
- Develop and enhance weekly, monthly and quarterly scorecards on KPI’s
- Ensure compliance around financials with all government regulatory bodies while maintaining accountability to company policies and procedures
- Strong governance over all financial expenditures
- Own and implement all controls and ensure timeliness of month end, quarter end and year end statements along with corresponding analysis.
- Lead and facilitate annual budgeting processes and act as a strong business partner to key functions in IT, Sales, Marketing and Operations
- Ensure month end procedures are adequate to assess concerns on revenues and expenditures
- Evaluate and integrate current parameters of information technology and advise on any modifications or additional investment as required
- Lead pricing process for the organization
- Work very closely with VP/GM to craft 5 year growth plans and projections.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Ensure accuracy and executive format presentation of all KPI reporting including but not limited to weekly sales, performance scorecards and WIP
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting with corresponding and relevant analysis
- Mange budgeting and forecasting processes which will in turn facilitate and enable accurate pricing strategies
- Promote and assist in growth initiatives encompassing but not limited to, cost savings directives, category analysis, sales planning strategies and CAPEX investments
- A certified CPA designation or equivalent is required
- 7-10 years’ of leadership experience preferably within a food or related manufacturing environment that is producing a product that is regulated by governing authorities
- A hands on, lead by example demeanor coupled with a sound appreciation for creating optimal KPI’s within a fast and high speed setting
- ERP systems experience preferably including firsthand exposure to implementation and integrations
- Strong pedigree in developing and maintaining internal controls coupled with exhibited understanding of inventory management and costing
- A strong business acumen that is well versed and practiced in working with all levels and functions within the business
- An excellent communicator who can adapt messaging to the audience being served and explain financial information to non-financial managers
- A natural affinity for analytics and generating useful interpretation of such to enable leadership to make the best decisions for the business
- A critical thinker. Able to balance the risk in a business decision with the benefits of growth and opportunity
- Trust endearing and empowering disposition; willing to challenge convention while still promoting a collaborative and team-oriented approach
- A strong leader who can attract, retain, train and develop top talent
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AFSV-281034 Leadbetter Foods- Director of Finance - ON-Orillia (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.