Associate Branch Director | RBC Dominion Securities, Edmonton Arena District
For more than a century, RBC Dominion Securities dedicated investment advisors have helped individuals, families, businesses, charitable foundations and other organizations build on and preserve their wealth through financial planning, trusted investment advice, and extensive wealth management solutions.
Today, RBC Dominion Securities is one of Canada’s leading full-service investment and wealth management firms. Through their affiliation with RBC and RBC Wealth Management Canada, their advisors work seamlessly with a broad network of professionals for investment management, wealth planning and global banking needs and more to provide you with a comprehensive plan for your wealth.
At RBC Dominion Securities, their vision is simple: to always earn the right to be your first choice for wealth management services.
For more information, please visit https://www.rbcwealthmanagement.com/en-ca/dominion-securities/.
|Reports to:||Branch Director|
The Associate Branch Director (ABD) works closely with the Branch Director to oversee all aspects of the branch. Responsibilities include overall branch profitability while meeting strategic targets through the efforts of: sales management, human resource management, operations control and supervision of compliance. The incumbent will provide leadership and support to the Investment Advisors and support staff in hiring, training, and motivating. This role will also oversee assessing performance, providing appropriate developmental opportunities, coaching and feedback as required. The ABD will promote the firm’s corporate image by developing and maintaining business relationships throughout RBC Financial Group and within their respective communities.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Clearly demonstrate effective management and supervision of all compliance issues and responsibilities on a daily basis;
- Provide effective and consistent communication via weekly sales meetings, sales support meetings, and team meetings;
- Engage in high performance coaching with Investment Advisors and their teams;
- Work closely and collaborate with the management team to ensure their duties are understood and accomplished with a high degree of success; also provides ongoing opportunities for mentoring and development;
- Clearly demonstrate behaviors which motivate employees for the greatest results including, personal development, recognition, and promotion;
- Consistency seeks opportunities to engage employees by improving the working environment within the branch;
- Develop actionable feedback for Investment Advisors and support staff, and is willing and able to make tough decisions; and
- Solves difficult problems effectively. Deals with the root cause to ensure problems do not happen again. Willing to look beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first or easy answer.
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop and maintain a trusting, reliable relationship with the Branch Director;
- Build trusting, open, collaborative and respectful relationships throughout the organization and branches;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the stakeholder environment;
- Build a recruitment strategy for Investment Advisors; and
- Be the go-to Associate Branch Director without hesitation, when required.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary in Business Commerce, Human Resources, or related discipline; and
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH), and Branch Managers Course (BMC) or Investment Dealer Supervisors Course (IDSC).
- Retail or institutional investment experiences with minimum 2 years Investment Advisor experience or similar;
- Wealth Management Operations and Financial Industry experience is an asset;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with ambiguity and managing multiple operations and servicing activities in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to engage a diverse team that includes branch staff, middle office and internal and external partners;
- Experience in managing multiple properties and dealing with challenging and sometimes complex situations to drive success;
- Proven experience in leading a team, coaching and developing, and motivating others; and
- Decisive and results driven.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to engage, manage difficult conversations, and influence outcomes while maintaining strong trusting relationships;
- Ability to role-model collaborative leadership skills and work effectively in a diverse environment while managing multiple client demands and priorities;
- Sound problem solving, decision-making, and project management skills and experience;
- Strong relationship building and conflict resolution skills with a customer service focus;
- Ability to engage and influence outcomes;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including, written, verbal and presentation; and
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision making.
RBC Dominion Securities, Edmonton Arena District is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and is essential to service excellence. RBC Dominion Securities, Edmonton Arena District welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with the provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Gallagher and RBC Dominion Securities, Edmonton Arena District throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ASBM-462318 Associate Branch Director | RBC Dominion Securities, Edmonton Arena District - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.