Accounting Manager – Carbert Waite LLP
Carbert Waite LLP is a dynamic and strategy driven boutique law firm primarily focused in Litigation. The firm provides high level legal services in a collaborative, rewarding environment; and recognizes much of their success depends on the quality of support they receive from their administrative team. The firm is committed to providing a professional, motivated, engaging environment with competitive benefits. It is a priority at Carbert Waite LLP to nurture a positive and rewarding culture with healthy and respectful work relationships.
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Practice Group: Administration
Location: Calgary, AB
Carbert Waite LLP is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their Administration team. This exciting role is a strategic growth opportunity within the firm. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop within the role and become a participating member of the firm’s Management team.
- Assistance in the preparation of the operating and capital budgets
- Assistance in the preparation of financial statements and reports
- Analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts including depreciation schedules, prepaid accounts and variance analysis
- Enter post and reconcile journal entries and monthly accruals
- Check and verify invoices and edit lists
- Prepare monthly general bank account and trust bank account reconciliation
- Prepare and reconcile monthly GST payment
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and distribution of month end reports
- Oversight of firm AR/WIP Billing and collections systems analysis
- Assist with small claims and taxation on uncollectible amounts
- Assist lawyers within the firm with collections
- Monitor aged accounts receivable and prepare reports for lawyers
- Ensures that all law society trust rules and firm trust policies are adhered to and complete law society forms on trust as may be required
- Provides assistance with management of trust accounts to the Office Administrator as necessary
- Assistance in evaluating current vendor relationships and providing recommendations when tendering current accounts
- Assists with senior counsel monthly compensation reconciliations and associate quarterly reporting
- May assist with billings, collections, A/P, disbursements data entry
- Provides back up support to Office Administrator as necessary, including payroll and benefits administration.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A CPA designation.
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting experience in the legal industry or acceptable equivalencies;
- A breadth and depth of technical accounting knowledge.
Competencies and Attributes
- Positive attitude and passion for excellence.
- Strong computer and typing skills.
- Proficiency in the MS Office environment including Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Solid time management, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following materials no later than September 13th, 2019:
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A015886 (ARLG-685072) Accounting Manager – Carbert Waite LLP - AB - Calgary and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.