Executive Assistant to the CEO | Alberta Central
Alberta Central is the central banking facility, service bureau and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 14 credit unions that together have more than $29 billion in system assets and serve more than 610,000 members at 196 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper, and achieve financial success.
For further information about Alberta Central, please visit their website at www.albertacentral.com
|Reports to:||CEO & Chief Strategy, People & Credit Union Officer|
This position is a senior level executive assistant to support the President & CEO, with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Chief Strategy, People, & Credit Union Relations Officer. The Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible for a wide variety of executive administrative duties in support of the President/CEO, Executive team, and the Board of Directors. Receiving general/corporate direction from the President/CEO, the EA is expected to work with a high degree of independence, initiative, and confidentiality.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Proactively manage complex calendars for the CEO, ensure preparedness for meetings, and manage changing priorities.
- Compose and prepare meeting agendas, correspondence, coordinate travel arrangements and create expense reports.
- Develop documents and presentations.
- Responsible for monitoring and triaging CEO’s email inbox.
- Communicate with the organization on the CEO’s behalf and coordinate logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally.
- Provide calendar management, general meeting support, travel arrangements and expense report support to the Chief Strategy & People Officer, and others as required.
- Coordinate all reference materials, meeting documents and timelines for Board/Committee meetings to support CEO.
- Plan, organize and participate in special projects or initiatives that may include coordinating logistics for executive team activities including meetings, workshops, conferences, special projects, and events.
- Participate in budget process with support to CEO and Chief Strategy, People, and Credit Union Relations Officer.
- Maintain established procedures with respect to confidentiality, equipment, and surroundings to meet safety, legal and procedural requirements.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a proactive, hands-on approach thereby supporting the executive’s ability to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Support risk management by following established policies, procedures, and controls, both corporately and within area of responsibility and escalate discrepancies to management.
- Provide mentorship and back-up support to administration team members during absences.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Join a dynamic and evolving industry and organization, on the forefront of digital transformation
- The opportunity to flex your hours and schedule in a hybrid work model
- Join a leading company named Alberta’s Top 75 Employers of 2022
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a trusting relationship with the CEO and an understanding of their work style
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external
- Improve the efficiency of the team’s administrative processes
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Related post-secondary, formal education or administration certification required
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in providing executive and board support including managing electronic calendars, meeting requirements, and travel arrangements.
- Previous financial services industry experience is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Must be bondable.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to support minute taking, manage stressful/busy schedules with agility and professionalism
- Superior organizational, critical thinking and time management skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate on behalf of the CEO.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced collaborative and team-oriented work environment.
Alberta Central is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities to confidentially self-identify at the time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Gallagher and Alberta Central throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AGSC-158847 Executive Assistant to the CEO | Alberta Central - AB - Calgary and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.