Vice President, Operations | Cast Steel Products LP
Cast Steel Products LP is an industry leading designer and supplier of state of the art innovatively engineered cast, forged, and fabricated steel products. For over 30 years Cast Steel Products has successfully supplied some of the largest global mining and mineral processing, oil sands, oil & gas, steel, aluminum, cement, power and railway industries, ground engaging & heavy equipment, smelting and crushing application sectors. Products are sourced from over fifty international foundries and fabricated in facilities throughout North America including; Montréal, Edmonton and St. Petersburg, Florida.
Customers worldwide rely on Cast Steel Products to deliver innovative market leading quality engineered cast, forged and fabricated wear, abrasion and heat resistant products. Cast Steel Products takes pride in providing best in class performance and industry proven leading high wear, extended service life, ease of maintenance and reduced operating and maintenance costs.
Cast Steel Products prides itself on delivering exceptional service and as a reliable, trustworthy and professional partner to our clients, subcontracted manufacturers, and employees where the motto is “Downtime is not an Option”.
For further information about Cast Steel Products, please visit their website at www.caststeelproducts.com
|Reports to:||President & Chief Executive Officer|
|Direct Reports:||3 – Engineering Manager; Procurement Manager; and Quality Manager|
The Vice President, Operations is a newly created role at Cast Steel Products. It will be a key partner to the President & CEO in fostering a culture where trust, teamwork, motivation and growth are paramount. The Vice President, Operations will lead the engineering, procurement, supply chain and quality control teams providing both technical oversight and championing the core values of the organization. The successful candidate will demonstrate a player/coach leadership style to continue to develop top talent while engaging in the day to day activities of the organization.
The Vice President, Operations will liaise with a variety of external partners to Cast Steel Products including customers, suppliers, and subcontracted manufacturers, building and maintaining trusting relationships while demonstrating a commitment to delivering Cast Steel Products exceptional service and quality products. The successful candidate will be joining the company at a pivotal time in their growth as the operations team take a lead role in driving organizational growth.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Champion Cast Steel Products core values of trust, reliability and professionalism;
- Cultivate exceptional relationships with all external stakeholders (customers, suppliers, vendors, manufacturers) exemplifying Cast Steel Products core values;
- Lead the operations team with integrity, openness and honesty with a commitment to creating opportunities for team members to develop and grow;
- Mentor, coach and support members of the procurement, engineering, and quality control departments in a highly collaborative environment; and
- Effectively, support and manage logistics coordinators and off-shore supply managers
- Foster an environment of openness, collaboration and teamwork amongst the operations teams to effectively to deliver on Cast Steel Products brand promise of on-time, on-spec, professional and reliable service;
- Create a culture of operational cohesiveness across the engineering, supply chain, procurement and quality teams by ensuring structures, policies and frameworks that enable collaboration are in place;
- Effectively communicate Cast Steel Products’ vision and align all operational teams towards achieving organizational goals and objectives;
- Promote a culture of open communication across teams to leverage internal talent identifying opportunities to bring teams together to solve challenges and exceed client expectations;
- Provide leadership to the Engineering Department through:
- Reviewing technical design and drawing specifications;
- Providing hands on support to solve complex problems to meet customer needs;
- Continuously enhancing Cast Steel Products and solutions through effective project management; and
- Ensuring the effective day to day management of all engineering operations.
- Provide leadership to the Procurement Department by:
- Developing and implementing effective systems to streamline process;
- Leveraging industry knowledge of global trends to source products at competitive prices;
- Supporting team members in identifying new products and product line that enhance Cast Steel Products current portfolio; and
- Creating exceptional relationships with procurement partners rooted in integrity, openness and honesty.
- Provide leadership to the Supply Chain Department by:
- Developing and implementing effective systems to streamline process focused on reliable service and delivery on-time and on-spec;
- Supporting world class service to their customers by ensuring deep institutional knowledge of each customer is delivered on in a professional manner:
- Leverage the procurement team’s relationships to provide industry leading pricing and delivery in response to quotations; and
- Be accountable to the financing and profitability of each project.
- Provide leadership to the Quality Control Department through:
- Ensuring all orders are delivered ‘on-time’ and ‘on-specification’ with consideration to unique engineering, quality, and international supply requirements; and
- Continuously monitor quality management systems ensuring that a robust network of checkpoints is in place across Cast Steel Products international operations to support the delivery of exceptional product quality to customers.
- Cast Steel Products is the preeminent supplier to industry leaders in the mining and energy sectors throughout the world;
- Cast Steel Products is a truly global organization with 50 vendors across 14 countries including China, India, Brazil, and South Africa; and
- The successful candidate will be joining an organization with 30+ years’ experience delivering exceptional customer service at a key point in their organization’s growth.
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build trusted relationships with the Cast Steel Products team demonstrating commitment to the core values and leading with integrity, transparency and commitment to the success of the team;
- Develop and execute a strategy to enhance relationships with suppliers, clients, and subcontracted manufactures;
- Assess current team structure, identifying and hiring key talent where required within operations;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Cast Steel Products global operations, systems and processes;
- Own the implementation of Cast Steel Products ISO certified quality management system (QMS) and vendor management system; and
- Own all operations systems including the ERP system, Purchase Order Management Log, RFQ Log, Job Status folders, and Engineering Drawing Management.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree in mechanical or metallurgical engineering, supply chain, or other related field;
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation;
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation considered a valuable asset; and
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- 10+ years engineering management experience leading a team of design engineers;
- 8+ years of operations management experience working with multiple international suppliers;
- 5+ years of experience managing off-shore teams;
- Strong computer and computer system acumen with a focus on data and reporting;
- Strong written communication and ability to write detailed reports and presentations;
- Proven strong negotiation skills when dealing with international suppliers; and
- Proven knowledge of international logistics and supply chain.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Communication: Communicates effectively with multiple audiences internally with all levels of the organization and externally with customers, vendors, suppliers etc. Open to receiving constructive feedback and willing to engage in robust healthy discussion to foster the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Critical Thinking: Makes strong decisions using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Cultural Commitment: Demonstrates a personal commitment and investment to fostering corporate culture. Displays an attitude of sincere and dedicated focus. Evaluates all decisions against cultural tenants and values of the organization.
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions.
- Drives Results: Infuses the team and organization with commitment to delivering results ‘on time’ and ‘on spec’. Communicates a clear vision, sets priorities, develops and executes plans that achieve the desired outcome for the customer.
- Forward Strategic Thinker: Stays abreast of the best practices, new trends and technology to provide strategic direction and make informed recommendations.
- People Leadership: Provides the coaching, support, encouragement, and direction required to engage and empower employees in the accomplishment of personal, departmental, and organizational goals and objectives. Models’ positive leadership behaviors and maintains professionalism under pressure and uncertainty. Provides timely feedback and guidance to employees, ensuring their development and success is supported.
- Project Management: Delivers excellence and creates a culture of accountability with respect to project delivery. Proactively analyzes project status, communicates project milestones and mitigates organizational risk. Brings leadership and clear lines of accountability to the project by providing vision, motivation, coaching and removing roadblocks while inspiring the team to do their best work.
- Relationship Builder: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both parties. Good relationships are the key to getting things done and are essential when your success is dependent on others.
- Respectful & Effective Leadership: Ability to communicate with and effectively interact with people across cultures, creating a respectful workplace environment. Demonstrates patience in leading all personalities.
- Strategic Planning: Develops short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, creative, realistic, and effective in meeting goals and objectives, and integrates planning efforts across functions.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ARAY-083412 Vice President, Operations | Cast Steel Products LP - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.