Branch Sales Manager | Canada West Harvest Centres (a CLAAS owned entity)
World Class Product, World Class Service.
Our client, Canada West Harvest Centre (CWHC) was first founded in August of 2014, with one employee, one business plan, and one big dream to bring the best harvest equipment and service to Saskatchewan. Since then, their ambition, drive, and fantastic team of talented people has allowed them to open five locations in Regina, Saskatoon, Swift Current, Yorkton and Kindersley, and bring something new, exciting, and superior to the market. Despite there being so many options out there, they knew they had something better to offer to farmers in Saskatchewan – world class CLAAS machinery and exceptional service.
From that first harvest and first employee, CWHC has grown to be Saskatchewan’s premier harvest equipment dealership in a highly competitive and mature market. Their success has been founded on building the best team with exceptional local talent – they understand the province, the people who farm there, and the machinery they sell.
“Canada West Harvest Centre is committed to providing the most value to customers by being the leading supplier and supporter of harvesting equipment in Saskatchewan.”
For more information, please visit their website at https://cawhc.com/
CWHC is a CLAAS owned entity. CLAAS is a family business founded in 1913 and is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of agricultural engineering equipment. The company, with corporate headquarters in Harsewinkel, Westphalia, is the European market leader in combine harvesters. CLAAS is the world leader in another large product group, self-propelled forage harvesters. CLAAS is also a top performer in world-wide agricultural engineering with tractors, agricultural balers and green harvesting machinery. The CLAAS product portfolio also includes state-of-the-art farming information technology. CLAAS employs more than 11,400 workers worldwide and reported a turnover of 3.8 billion euros in the 2019 financial year.
CLAAS also offers a wide variety of technologically innovative haytool, baler and self-propelled forage harvester products to provide farmers optimum performance in the field. These products are designed by a dedicated engineering staff at three different worldwide factories that are solely focused on the production and design of harvesting equipment. The design, performance, and reliability of this equipment have made CLAAS a market leader internationally. In fact, the JAGUAR is the most sold self-propelled forage harvester in the world.
Reliability, perseverance, and innovativeness: It is these qualities that make CLAAS a strong partner to the world’s agricultural industry.
Reports to: General Manager
Direct Reports: 4 x Sales Associates
Location: Emerald Park (Regina), SK
The Branch Sales Manager is responsible for all aspects of branch performance and success. This position directly manages the Sales Team while overseeing the Parts and Service Departments with support from department and corporate managers. Under the guidance of the General Manager, the Branch Manager creates and shapes the team culture, creating a customer focused environment that is a great place for people to work. The Branch Sales Manager will be a hands-on leader, providing coaching, mentorship and guidance to the sales team and actively contributing to the growth and development of direct reports. The Branch Sales Manager is also responsible for safety, operating within budgets, and collaboration with other CWHC branches.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Effectively manage the operations of the branch to achieve sales and expense objectives
- Utilize individual competencies to build and develop an effective sales team in a flexible and functional branch
- Oversee after sales support for the retail customer base, ensuring after sales service exceeds customer expectations and is above the competition
- Analyze and assess the existing state of business processes, identify gaps and develop strategies with the intention of strengthening, optimizing, and expanding business options
- Perform market analysis including peer/competitor analysis with the intention of increasing market penetration and brand awareness
- Monitor appropriate CLAAS/CWHC branding and corporate identity within the branch to ensure that the brand image is successfully transported into the market with maximum impact
- In conjunction with the General Manager and North America Human Resources Department, hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively
- Identify employees’ skills and strengths and develop them by coaching and counseling on a regular basis
- Complete performance appraisals for direct reports and provide continual feedback on performance. When necessary, employ timely corrective action to address performance issues or concerns
- Work with the General Manager and North America Human Resources
- Department to handle disciplinary matters, grievance resolutions, and other personnel related issues
- Ensure direct reports are compliant with all applicable local, provincial, and national rules, laws, regulations and standards in relation to business practices, employment, and safety
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times
- Join a highly successful and ambitious company that is looking to grow further and is well positioned for future expansion
- The opportunity to improve day-to-day operations, streamline processes and introduce efficiencies that will support profitability and the achievement of corporate goals and KPIs
- The opportunity to build a high-performance team and improve employee engagement and retention across the business through effective and empowering leadership
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success:
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Effectively integrate into the Branch, build trusting relationships with direct reports, staff across the business, the General Manager and customers
- Lead by example, empower teams and direct reports and support them by providing ongoing training, coaching and mentorship
- Effectively lead the sales team to drive sales growth and ensure after sales support for retail customers is exceptional and encourages customer retention and repeat business
- Identify areas of improvement, deficiencies or gaps and work with the General Manager to implement solutions. Streamline operations and cut costs in order to increase profitability and support the achievement of corporate goals and KPIs
The successful candidate will have the following:
- While a Business and/or Agriculture Degree/Diploma is desirable, our client is open to an appropriate combination of education and experience that provides foundation for success
- Related management experience preferred
- Advanced experience in team leadership and management, including staff training and development as well as proven success in optimizing team performance
- Farming background is considered a strong asset
Competencies and Attributes:
- Excellent sales skills. Strong networking and negotiation skills. Ability to persuade and influence others
- Exceptional customer service skills and service-orientation
Exceptional written and oral communication skills, above average presentation skills, ability to maintain confidentiality and tact while projecting a positive self and company image.
- Proven follow-through skills.
- Self-motivated and resourceful with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of captive dealer networks.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a branch environment while supporting customer driven directives
- Proven ability to successfully launch new product lines into market
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally and patiently; well organized and disciplined with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines
- Strong ability to exhibit professionalism in dealing with others and maintaining constructive working relationships
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license required with verifiable safe driving history
- Ability to travel. May require overnight travel and weekend or evening work in season
- Please note: there are some physical requirements for the role such as the ability to stand for extended periods of time and the ability to lift up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis
Canada West Harvest Centre is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Gallagher and the client throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: liam_tomney@AJG.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A020248 (ATGQ-868650) Branch Sales Manager | Canada West Harvest Centres (a CLAAS owned entity) - SK - Regina (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.